Matter of fact, I wouldn't look at one "once-for-all" selection. There sure is enough variation, ability, and quality to switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 depending on the game at hand and the opposition.

Little ... has done well this season so far, but still misses a barrowload of chances. That's obviously something all strikers suffer from, but I'd like to see how Clark and Daly click up front before giving Little a "definite" starting slot there. I would assume that a Templeton, Daly, Clark and Little (e.g.: inside right) line up in a 4-4-2 could wreak havoc anywhere in our division.

Matter of fact, I wouldn't look at one "once-for-all" selection. There sure is enough variation, ability, and quality to switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 depending on the game at hand and the opposition.

Little ... has done well this season so far, but still misses a barrowload of chances. That's obviously something all strikers suffer from, but I'd like to see how Clark and Daly click up front before giving Little a "definite" starting slot there. I would assume that a Templeton, Daly, Clark and Little (e.g.: inside right) line up in a 4-4-2 could wreak havoc anywhere in our division.

Would be nice to see us playing 3 strikers; but it seems unlikely. However, Little on the right, Templeton on the left and Clark & Daly though the middle is an exciting prospect. Assuming Law is a shoe in, then it would be between Black and McLoed for a starting spot in MF. However, Black may not be in contention.........

Would be nice to see us playing 3 strikers; but it seems unlikely. However, Little on the right, Templeton on the left and Clark & Daly though the middle is an exciting prospect. Assuming Law is a shoe in, then it would be between Black and McLoed for a starting spot in MF. However, Black may not be in contention.........

I think with MacLeod's age that Ally would look to rotate them if it actually came to that

I think your selection may well be the closest because when push comes to shove, Faure may suffer from McCoist's JIG syndrome (although Bluedell is right to point out that he was left on the bench v Newcastle) and at the moment McLoed would start ahead of Templeton. But if/when he gets back to full fitness/form I would expect Temps to start because he and Law are the only true match winners we have.

I certainly wouldn't take McLeod out of the team. For me he would be one of the first names down on the teamsheet along with Wallace, Law and Daly.

Sample 4-4-2 at home against a decent opponent:

Bell

Peralta - Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Little - Law - Macleod - Templeton

Daly - Clark

Should we be well in control ...

Bell

Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Peralta

Little - Law - Macleod - Templeton

Daly - Clark

... so Law and Macleod could push further up front.

On a difficult away ground, how about ...

Bell

Peralta - Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Black - Law

Little - Macleod - Templeton

Daly

That all said, I'd like to see more of Peralta to know his prime qualities. The main thing this season is that we seem to have quality (at our current level) all over the place to cope with any injuries/suspension, as well as pushing thiose in there right now for their place in the starting eleven.

I noted that Ally bemoaned that we did not have any "recognized" strikers due to Clark and Daly being unavailable last night. Manager, any other new striker would have been likewise unavailable ... and Little and McCulloch got what, 40odd goals playing as strikers last season? ;)

I noted that Ally bemoaned that we did not have any "recognized" strikers due to Clark and Daly being unavailable last night. Manager, any other new striker would have been likewise unavailable ... and Little and McCulloch got what, 40odd goals playing as strikers last season?

IIRC, Little and McCulloch scored over 50 goals combined, and Nicky Clark got 40 by himself!

I noted that Ally bemoaned that we did not have any "recognized" strikers due to Clark and Daly being unavailable last night. Manager, any other new striker would have been likewise unavailable ... and Little and McCulloch got what, 40odd goals playing as strikers last season?

IIRC, Little and McCulloch scored over 50 goals combined, and Nicky Clark got 40 by himself!

Yeah, but Ally's not exactly right in saying that he's got no strikers in the squad. Clark's score was great, as was Negri's when he's hit that much in half a season or so. We have to see how he shapes up this season though (NB: Clark got 4 the season before that, and somehow someone forgot to change his wikipedia QOS years, as it says 32 goals in 2 seasons ... )