McCoist keen to bring Kenny Miller back to Ibrox

Depends on how much of a wage we are giving him.

We have a leader/teacher/coach in Jig - we dont need another OAP for the role given our financial situation.

I always find comments like that quite ignorant. This is a guy who has been the ultimate professional. Never given anything less than everything he has in every game. Then when he is written off he turns up against England at Wembley and turns their defence inside out with one of the best goals you have ever seen scored by Scotland at Wembley. And a couple of weeks later he is getting called an OAP. :facepalm:

Developing younger players is what really puts me off of signing Miller. In the case of Jon Daly I think that he will help any young strike partner to develop. If Miller is signed all I can see is that place in the team disappearing.

I think Ally has his eye on winning the SC & signing KM would greatly assist in that respect. That said I think Ally will quite happily wait til new year if need be to get him. To win the SC we'd almost certainly need to beat you-know-who. KM & Daly together up front would, I believe, give us every chance of beating them with their dodgy-looking defence this season.

I think Ally has his eye on winning the SC & signing KM would greatly assist in that respect. That said I think Ally will quite happily wait til new year if need be to get him. To win the SC we'd almost certainly need to beat you-know-who. KM & Daly together up front would, I believe, give us every chance of beating them with their dodgy-looking defence this season.

The thought of such an event actually happening is very exciting.

I'd hope for McCoist to have a strategy that more focused on more realistic*, or medium term, goals.

* I haven't seen how poor that other team is.

I totally agree that a Miller and Daly combination would rip them apart at the back, but they would also rip us apart at the back. So it then comes down to 'ammunition' i.e. midfield and wide men and I think we still would fall a bit short. More importantly though - Ally would never play 2 up front against them in a cup tie - not a chance in hell.

I always find comments like that quite ignorant. This is a guy who has been the ultimate professional. Never given anything less than everything he has in every game. Then when he is written off he turns up against England at Wembley and turns their defence inside out with one of the best goals you have ever seen scored by Scotland at Wembley. And a couple of weeks later he is getting called an OAP. :facepalm:

I am sure Kenny Miller has been called far worse in his footballing career, we know for sure he has by our own supporters.

In terms of football ages he is a, shall we say (to avoid offence), an elder statesman now.

I was at work, busy and rushed - the OAP comment was made in haste. If it offends you, or offends Kenny (I am a fair bit older than him..... and call myself an OAP - hardly the most offensive term) then apologies.