If any other broadcaster is presenting a match and BBC wish to show that match then they have to pay that other presenter for a highlight package. If their own journalists have put themselves in a position that they can NOT produce a report on a match then BBC show pay the wire services for a report on a match. To not report on a match where there is a greater crowd than all of the SPFL top league teams combined, is hugely biased. They cannot spit the dummy and yet expect to be publicly funded.

If any other broadcaster is presenting a match and BBC wish to show that match then they have to pay that other presenter for a highlight package. If their own journalists have put themselves in a position that they can NOT produce a report on a match then BBC show pay the wire services for a report on a match. To not report on a match where there is a greater crowd than all of the SPFL top league teams combined, is hugely biased. They cannot spit the dummy and yet expect to be publicly funded.

Perception?

Cosgrove spent the last several weeks of last season insisting Rangers were regularly playing in front of crowds of less than 20,000 at Ibrox. I wondered why he would so obviously mis represent the situation? Of course, being Chanel 4's Head of Diversity and a Regional Editor, he was aware of the strategic pitfalls awaiting BBC Scotland.

I've always maintained that banning the beeb or certain newspapers would be counter productive and just cause more problems and I still feel that way. It's pretty much just cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Nope.

Rangers fans who want to see the highlights and get by default correct information about the football side of things can easily check out the club's HP. So far, they've supplied all highlights for free within 24 hours.

When it comes to league games, I'm not sure whether there were actually any BBC cameras at Ibrox, or any other League One ground for that matter. And that will probably the easiest explanation out their, and their "excuse" too. BBC Scotland simply does not cover the lower leagues in Scotland in any "greater" capacity because of Rangers.

As for banning them ... this is more about letting the BBC folk in London know that their employees up north are not up to scratch. Whether they will act remains to be seen. It does give the BBC bad publicity though.

Nope.

Rangers fans who want to see the highlights and get by default correct information about the football side of things can easily check out the club's HP. So far, they've supplied all highlights for free within 24 hours.

When it comes to league games, I'm not sure whether there were actually any BBC cameras at Ibrox, or any other League One ground for that matter. And that will probably the easiest explanation out their, and their "excuse" too. BBC Scotland simply does not cover the lower leagues in Scotland in any "greater" capacity because of Rangers.

As for banning them ... this is more about letting the BBC folk in London know that their employees up north are not up to scratch. Whether they will act remains to be seen. It does give the BBC bad publicity though.

I wasn't actually referring to the match highlights when I spoke of banning them causing us problems. We all know the Club's enemies, including those within Pacific Quay, are obsessed with Rangers. Banning them doesn't take away that obsession in any way, shape or form. It doesn't stop them doing the type of stuff they were banned for (TWICE in two seasons) because they still do all the other naughty and nasty things which give their CSC down at Pacific Quay a good chuckle. In fact, it even riles them into ramping it up because they thrive on winding us up. Meanwhile, they get very little - if anything - in the way of bad publicity from their Ibrox ban and their colleagues south of the border either don't care about or simply condone the behavior, otherwise they would have cleared out the culprits at Pacific Quay long ago.

If people think banning BBC Scotland has negatively affected us they are off their heads IMO.

We weren't featured as the main stories last year either. They're excuse/reasoning is that we are in the lower leagues. Was the case before the ban. The ban has f.a. To do with that.

We can't continue being chummy with organisations that are doing us down. That certainly didn't work.

Frankly baffling.

I wasn't actually referring to the match highlights when I spoke of banning them causing us problems. We all know the Club's enemies, including those within Pacific Quay, are obsessed with Rangers. Banning them doesn't take away that obsession in any way, shape or form. It doesn't stop them doing the type of stuff they were banned for (TWICE in two seasons) because they still do all the other naughty and nasty things which give their CSC down at Pacific Quay a good chuckle. In fact, it even riles them into ramping it up because they thrive on winding us up. Meanwhile, they get very little - if anything - in the way of bad publicity from their Ibrox ban and their colleagues south of the border either don't care about or simply condone the behavior, otherwise they would have cleared out the culprits at Pacific Quay long ago.

I would assume that once the new owners take hold, the leaks to the BBC* et al will dry up. Sooner or later, we will be back in the higher strata of the Scottish and maybe even back in the European game. If the BBC still gets no look-in and we keep repeating the why's publicly, those down south will take note.

OBVIOUSLY, it would help if the Bears themselves would make their annoyance known to the BBC / BBC Trust and Ofcom (who always look to weaken the BBC's strangelhold on controlling their own), and regularly. Something I keep saying for years. No-one really bothers to do it though, despite massive outcries on various boards. Rather sad this ...

*You'd hope that the Easdales act as the Bluenoses they supposedly are.