[bTW '54' all my family came from the Gallowgate and nearby. My uncle lived above Terry's the tattoo place at the bottom of Bluevale Street. We lived down Orr Street\Forbes Street, heading towards the ABC picture hall at Bridgeton Cross, but we were always up on the Gallowgate. We used to get sent into wee Johnny Ionta's barbers for a 'Perry Como' haircut. :cool4:]

Johnny Ionta's must have made a fortune doing 'Perry Como' haircuts 'cos that's what everyone went in for.

I lived above 'The Victory Bar' and went to all the games on their bus...Orr Street - 'demand a Milanda'

Johnny Ionta's must have made a fortune doing 'Perry Como' haircuts 'cos that's what everyone went in for.

I lived above 'The Victory Bar' and went to all the games on their bus...Orr Street - 'demand a Milanda'

Did you buy your shirts out of my uncle's shop Marti's next to Barrowland?

Going by this thread it should be a doddle to get a ticket next time we play them at the piggery. Can't wait.

Our number one consideration should be what gives the Rangers team on the park the best chance of winning; a raucous away support, or banks of empty seats in the away end? Anything else is self indulgent at best.

:laugh::laugh: I forgot about that. We used to hide beside the big door of the Milanda place and wait for the vans coming out. We would then jump on the big step on the back of the Milanda van and get a free ride to who knows where.