I'm interested to know whether or not I'm in a minority of one on this.

Spence, despite being a wretch, claims to have been hassled in the street while out walking with his wife. I'd like the club to officially deplore such incidents because this way we not only (hopefully) deter the more aggressive fan from causing trouble but keep the focus on the journalist, not us. Aside from which, depending on how heavy the hassle was, its not really on either.

I suppose this could be seen as a bit grovelly but we really need to up our political game because atm we are outsmarted every time. Yes, journalists, managers and players have been hassled by fans for decades without feeling the need to call (a) the police and (b) the papers but in the publicity war we are losing, heavily.

'Yes' to a statement or apoplectic 'get stuffed you handwringer'?

It depends on the severity, but Jim Spence knew fine well what he was doing and the emotions it would stir up.

I have no sympathy.

Can't say I have a great deal myself. That's not the point though - we need to disassociate ourselves from extremists. Otherwise the story becomes 'thug Rangers fans victimise brave journalist & wife' rather than 'BBC reporter spends two years winding up fans and finally gets a slap on wrist.'

Can't say I have a great deal myself. That's not the point though - we need to disassociate ourselves from extremists. Otherwise the story becomes 'thug Rangers fans victimise brave journalist & wife' rather than 'BBC reporter spends two years winding up fans and finally gets a slap on wrist.'

We don't even know they are Rangers fans (however likely it may be), so by making a statement we'd actually be associating ourselves with them more.

If you get my drift.

The whole story has been spun away by 'someone' towards protecting free speech and journalists rights to report as they see fit. My feeling is that's been the NUJ but I might be wrong.

Personally I think the club are better to say nothing and let this run its course. Anything the club says now simply gives the story more oxygen.

I hope the original complaints are taken forward to the next level and eventually Spence is severely censured.

we are dealing with extremists though. They are extreme in their pure hatred of everything that is Rangers. They can dish it out but can't take it back.

Edited by RANGERRAB

is this like the dog attack or the one on george galloway at the airport neither of which was recorded by the local cctv strangely or did it actually happen?

probably neither happened. It's called headline-grabbing. Reid was a master of this particularly whilst in government. He brought it to Shellik when their chairman. Matters not if headline is inaccurate or totally wrong. The purpose has been achieved

Edited by RANGERRAB