SPFL Loony Tunes brigade Suggest Sash Bash at Parkhead?

Written by Mr S. Funk

It's difficult to ascertain whether it's just another wind-up aimed at our club and fans or not with them coming so thick and fast from our friends in the Scottish press, but rumours are well and truly buzzing around in the mainstream media regarding Celtic Park 'emerging' as a possible venue for the Ramsdens Cup final if Rangers were to win our semi-final and a place in the cup final on the 6th of April.

You couldn't make this madness up unless you were a descendent of the Grimm brothers, but before going on to discuss it any further I think it's important to ask the question as to why this is even being discussed and leaked to the press this early when the Cup final in question isn't scheduled to be played until April? Is madness like this a direct consequence of our 'friends' in the east end getting beaten by AC Milan in the San Siro last night or is it just a strange coincidence?

Anyway, coincidence or not, to add further to the question as to why venues for this Cup final would even be getting discussed as early as this when the semi-finals are scheduled for next month and only a few weeks away, you really have to wonder why there's been any kind of urgency to discuss it at all when they could easily have left any venue discussions until after the semi-finals and shown a little bit of respect for the teams still in the competition.

We still need to win our semi-final against Stenhousemuir which is currently scheduled to be played at Ochilview Park in a few weeks time with no winner guaranteed, but the loonies now running Scottish football don't 'do' respect. We already know they have a less than an acceptable level of respect for Rangers and it would now look as though they have no respect for the other teams still in the Ramsdens Cup given the timing of this leaked proposal.

It's either that or the other teams in the Ramsdens Cup competition are just seen as collateral damage when it comes to winding-up Rangers or getting one over on us, so which is it? After all, the scheduled semi-finals are almost a full six months before the scheduled final, so was there not enough time in that six month window to discuss and arrange a venue for the final? Answers on a postcard to the loonies in suits at Hampden.

Let's get down to the logistics here because that's the excuse for this ill-timed and completely mad suggestion. With Hampden unavailable due to preparations for the Commonwealth Games, we're being led to believe that the only other ground capable of handling the expected demand for tickets is Celtic Park. Seriously though, can that old monstrosity of engineering known as their main stand really handle the bouncy?

I think the answer to that last question is that nobody in their right mind would take the risk, but further to that, I do actually think the suggestion of the Ramsdens Cup final being played at Celtic Park is nothing more than a wind-up.

Ok, so one of Ramsdens head branches might be in the Forge shopping complex practically next door and the ribbons on the Cup silverware might be green & white, but let's be honest, with the Commonwealth Games just round the corner, they're not likely to have us Rangers fans over for a pre-games party are they?

Seriously, file this one in the wind-ups from the Loony Tunes-brigade category.

That's all folks!

Edited by Zappa

stated in the paper today that The Mecano-Dome wouldn't be used coz it would be too expensive to "hire"....

There was also talk of it being played @ Ibrox, however I don't think that would be fair on the opposition if we are in the final.

The final venue should be somewhere neutral.

stated in the paper today that The Mecano-Dome wouldn't be used coz it would be too expensive to "hire"....

There was also talk of it being played @ Ibrox, however I don't think that would be fair on the opposition if we are in the final.

The final venue should be somewhere neutral.

The largest non ex-SPL ground would do me, no matter where it is. Or Rugby Park. Killie at least didn't vote against us.

The author seems a bit of a loony tune himself. :bouncy2:

Frankie, disagree with it being an Edinburgh stadium. Surely we could have 20k+ bears going to it and we would not want to restrict suporter numbers?

I'd just rather prefer this to be in a fuller stadium with a cracking atmosphere.

All the bears that have been to the games so far get a seat and it makes the game more of special occasion than a damp squib. IMHO of course...! :whistle: