20 September 2013

Rangers International Football Club plc("Rangers", the "Company" or "Club") Holding in the Company

Further to the announcement on 17 September 2013 regarding Alexander Easdale's holding in the Company, the Company announces that it was notified on 19 September 2013, that on 10 September Alexander Easdale also acquired voting rights over 12,641,338 ordinary shares of 1 pence each in the Company ("Ordinary Share") representing 19.42% of the issued share capital of the Company, pursuant to the terms of proxy agreements entered into with other shareholders of the Company which remain in place until further notice. As a result, including the Ordinary Shares held directly by Mr Easdale, being 2,842,957 Ordinary Shares representing 4.37% of the issued share capital of the Company, Mr Easdale has voting rights over, in aggregate, 15,484,295 Ordinary Shares representing 23.79% of the issued share capital of the Company

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11716976

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11716980

Looks like he has just inherited whatever proxies sir charles of green was holding before he jumped ship (allegedly).

You're spot on, but something tells me there's a lot more to it as well. God knows what these Easdale guys have agreed to do in exchange for shares and directorships.

There might be absolutely nothing sinister, but their mere presence in this unfolding saga makes me feel decidedly uneasy.

When combined with their association and proximity to Green & co, it's quite difficult to not be concerned about them.

It comes down to trust and there's just no way I can trust these brothers.

No amount of spin from Media House about them supposedly impressing investors in the city will change my mind either, especially when the 'investors' in question were already aligned with Green & co.

No amount of spin from Media House about them supposedly impressing investors in the city will change my mind either

The spin you mention has been mince, Zappa. I've a good mind to create a start-up PR outfit after next year because the standard we've seen seems to be 'say any old pish'. Anyone can do it!

A Politburo hack back in Brehznev's day would have been embarrassed at that line about 'impressing the investors'. It's infantile, unconvincing and amateurish.