If they own it, I assume they do. But they may pay GCC a retainer to maintain it.

I'll bow to your knowledge of the ownership but I find it very difficult to believe that Rangers own the public footpath outside the stadium, any more than I own the bit of pavement outside my house. The Police may effectively grant them sole use of the section outside the main door for example on match days but that's quite another matter.

Whilst I don't know who said what about whom, and if this is simply a case of the Club spending money or rather causing public money to spent to silence a legitimate critic then I agree that that is out of order; isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?

Doesn't FF have a long record of banning individuals and deleting comments that it considers critical of its point of view and those of its supporters?

I have often disagreed with the 'party line' on FF and never been banned. It is not so much what you say but how you say it that gets people banned.

Like it or not, FF is the largest and most influential of our online forums and Chris Graham is a capable and influential blogger. By going after FF and Chris, the club are, in my opinion, deliberately trying to silence dissenting voices and disrupt any organised opposition in the run-up to the AGM.

I'll bow to your knowledge of the ownership but I find it very difficult to believe that Rangers own the public footpath outside the stadium, any more than I own the bit of pavement outside my house. The Police may effectively grant them sole use of the section outside the main door for example on match days but that's quite another matter.

I remember handing out leaflets several years ago and was asked to move on by the police as I was on private property.

In any case, we're going off on a tangent now. :)

I have often disagreed with the 'party line' on FF and never been banned. It is not so much what you say but how you say it that gets people banned.

Like it or not, FF is the largest and most influential of our online forums and Chris Graham is a capable and influential blogger. By going after FF and Chris, the club are, in my opinion, deliberately trying to silence dissenting voices and disrupt any organised opposition in the run-up to the AGM.

Got it in one. A poor effort to discredit any groundswell of protest. A dirty trick - make no mistake.

But, I also suspect, a futile and counter-productive one.

Apparently there's two separate issues here: A threatening comment or comments towards a club director by some roaster or other and a separate threat of legal action against Chris Graham.

Could Chris Graham have been asked to remove one of his articles like the one he published on TRS about the Easdale share mystery and threatened with legal action if he didn't remove it, like Leggo was or this something completely different?

If it's his Easdale share mystery article, then the forums would be likely to get asked to remove it too just like what happened on Monday with the Leggo article about the Serious Fraud Office from Friday.

Apparently there's two separate issues here: A threatening comment or comments towards a club director and a separate threat of legal action against Chris Graham.

Could Chris Graham have been asked to remove one of his articles like the one he published on TRS about the Easdale share mystery and threatened with legal action if he didn't remove it, like Leggo was or this something completely different?

If it's his Easdale share mystery article, then the forums would be likely to get asked to remove it too just like what happened on Monday with the Leggo article about the Serious Fraud Office from Friday.

TRS have not been asked to remove anything. Not that I know of anyway... ;)

Got it in one. A poor effort to discredit any groundswell of protest. A dirty trick - make no mistake.

But, I also suspect, a futile and counter-productive one.

Can't believe that's all it's about.

Surely they will know how it will go down, it just makes things worse for them.

You said yourself don't underestimate Jack Irvine.