Whilst I don't know who said what about whom, and if this is simply a case of the Club spending money or rather causing public money to spent to silence a legitimate critic then I agree that that is out of order; isn't this a bit like the pot calling the kettle black?

Doesn't FF have a long record of banning individuals and deleting comments that it considers critical of its point of view and those of its supporters?

From FF

At 7.18pm this evening I received an email from a solicitor acting on behalf of Rangers saying that a post had been made on the site which appeared to incite an attack on the car and home of a director.

I note that Mr Chris McLaughlin of the BBC had been informed of the post and tweeted concerning it at 7.37pm

I opened the email at about a quarter to nine and responded at 8.49pm.

Despite the solicitor intimating that he had screenshots of the post I was not informed of the name of the poster or the thread in which the alleged post was made and no complaint has been made through the “red triangle” system we operate. I have asked for the username to be given.

The same solicitor was kind enough to include a screenshot concerning another post entirely in an earlier email received today.

I should note that both the director and solicitor concerned have my mobile number but I have had no communication on it this evening. The director in question has made use of his knowledge of my mobile number on several occasions over the last year.

Follow Follow relies upon it’s users to alert us to untoward posts - if you see anything offensive please click the red triangle which is attached to every post - this generates a report to our admin team. Rangers and their PR advisors are aware of and have used this system on occasion over the years.

We have never been taken to court in 13 years of operation due to the commonsense of the vast majority of our users and the excellence of our admin team in dealing with complaints.

Should you see any unpleasant posts please use the “red triangle” system to alert us to them. Please do not respond yourself online to agent provocateurs or those posting material of an offensive nature.