That doesn't leave much room for improvements to the squad or the facilities.

Correct. There's no capital expenditure built into it and if we were to spend say £1m on a new player or on stadium improvements then it's reducing the balance that I've mentioned.

On the other hand, we couuld increase cash by selling players....

Correct. There's no capital expenditure built into it and if we were to spend say £1m on a new player or on stadium improvements then it's reducing the balance that I've mentioned.

You'd imagine Wallace, Law and Macleod will prove rather difficult to keep over the next year or two. Even so I'm not sure how much in fees would be able to recoup for them given our lower league status.

Do you think raising season ticket prices is a viable avenue as we go through the divisions to raise extra income.

Do you think raising season ticket prices is a viable avenue as we go through the divisions to raise extra income.

I thought a modest increase should have been applied this year. I think its inevitable for next year.

I have done a little cash flow, making assumptions but I reckon that we have the following once we account for the season ticket cash:

Bank balance at 30/6 11,181

Ranger Retail cash (946)

Net balance 10,235

Season ticket cash 2,850

Balance going forward 13,085

I believe that we could have a deficit of £885K per month (giving the directors the benefit of increasing income by around £2m and reducing costs by the same amount), so we could still have around £10.4m in the bank. This could decrease down to around £4m by the end of April next year, and season ticket cash would start to flow in after that.

Does that mean our figures are workable then?

Presuming that when the PUMA/SD/Blackthorn money is added in and next season I would guess that ST's would go back to what they were before our demotion for preparation in returning to the Top Division.

I'd also expect to possibly see Wallace moved on and if the board keep their promise to forego bonuses

Does it not mean on the whole our finances will be ok?

Season ticket prices will increase. Perhaps 25% next year and then another 25% the following year to bring them back to where they would have been. However I would imagine that there may be some increase in players wages along the way as well.

Presuming that when the PUMA/SD/Blackthorn money is added in and next season I would guess that ST's would go back to what they were before our demotion for preparation in returning to the Top Division.

I'd also expect to possibly see Wallace moved on and if the board keep their promise to forego bonuses

Our figures are workable over the next 12 months with the proviso that we don't have anything up our sleeve for player or capex purposes.

Moving on to the following season we may be about to run out of cash just as he season ticket money is due in, so we may have enough to last us another 6-9 months after that, although my "back of a fag-packet" calculation becomes relatively worthless taking it that far out.

There are some big assumptions included in my calculations though (income increasing by £2m, costs decreasing by £2m and the costs relating to the 13th month can be taken out entirely) and I can't say whether they are accurate, but it's possible we have enough cash to see us through to the end of this season.

However I'm still frustrated that we are sailing close to the wind given the amount of cash we raised less than a year ago and the approach of the directors continues to be short term.

Just a point on the sponsorship money. Stockbridge in his report (annual report, page 10) says about it "sponsorship is forecast to be £0.5m better than last [season]". Last season it was £819k. So that means for next season we are looking at £1.3 million from sponsorship. Nice to have but it isn't going to plug the revenue/outgoings gap.