Keith Jackson - How £1 turns into £125m

Agree with nigh all of it. The thing is that in times like these, when we have no banking facility (for whatever reason, BTW), a rich person simply being there as a fall-back option would make life for the club much easier and settle the nerves of many a Bear. We now know that McColl is unable to invest that much, but the hesitancy that surrounds King (for months now) or the likes of Ashley do make you wonder. Maybe I am wrong, but when the share-price was down at 42p, chaps like King could have got most of the shares out there for rather little cash, only his - IMHO - ego stopped him from giving it to those who will make millions of this. That said, I reckon that (should he buy them) King's shares will be on the rise too, once the club is safely back on track in the business department.

We are all worrying for nothing, Bill Mc Murdo is hinting today that there are developments behinds the scenes re a bye-out by "heavy hitters" I think there's a clue in the words 'heavy hitters; i'm thinking Mike Tyson or Chris Brown, though i wouldn't like to see Rihanna taking one for the Bears .

Edited by aweebluesoandso

if you look at resolution 10 on the forthcoming AGM voting paper it says:-

'to enable the directors to allot shares for cash without first offering them to existing shareholders'

if there were another share issue then you'd expect existing shareholders to be offered first refusal on new shares to maintain their % shareholding but this (to me) is an open invitation to a Dave King or Mike Ashley to take control by buying up new shares and pumping funds into the club. Anyone agree?

Murray had to sell. LBG forced him to.

and who do you think got LBG's Scottish business division to do this ? handy when you had a couple of bhoys running it I suppose.

and who do you think got HMRC to chase a fictitious tax bill to make the club virtually unsellable ?

wee clue - he used to be chairman over at the east end

if you look at resolution 10 on the forthcoming AGM voting paper it says:-

'to enable the directors to allot shares for cash without first offering them to existing shareholders'

if there were another share issue then you'd expect existing shareholders to be offered first refusal on new shares to maintain their % shareholding but this (to me) is an open invitation to a Dave King or Mike Ashley to take control by buying up new shares and pumping funds into the club. Anyone agree?

Or issue a whole load of shares at 1p to the Easdales to give them outright control of the club?

and who do you think got LBG's Scottish business division to do this ? handy when you had a couple of bhoys running it I suppose.

and who do you think got HMRC to chase a fictitious tax bill to make the club virtually unsellable ?

wee clue - he used to be chairman over at the east end

There's absolutely no evidence that Celtic fans were involved in any decisions at LBG, other than Leggat's ramblings.