Leggat - BOYD BONUS BOMBSHELL AS MATHER AND STOCKBRIDGE SNUB FANS

I think there is a difference between paying the going rate for a top footballer and deciding what huge bonus to pay yourself as a director of a newly trading company that has still not made a profit and indeed is making a loss.

I thought usual thing in to do in this situation in business is to give share options, so when the business does well so do the directors, when it doesn't, they don't. Bonuses otherwise are often related to the balance sheet.

Shareholders and directors usually share in the profits of a company, not bleed it dry and cripple it when it is making a loss. There isn't even the situation here where the loss was lower than expected due to director performance - the directors didn't even meet their own expectations.

I think when Barry Ferguson was given his bonuses he actually achieved what was expected of him to earn them.

I think when Barry Ferguson was given his bonuses he actually achieved what was expected of him to earn them.

That's an interesting point at the end, does anyone know what the criteria for the bonuses were last season?

Was it just for winning the league?

That's an interesting point at the end, does anyone know what the criteria for the bonuses were last season?

Was it just for winning the league?

The club's finance director and other board members would deserve a bonus if the financial results were of a good enough standard and not a substantial loss.

Players who got out and win games and trophies for Rangers Football Club full deserve their bonus money.

The club's finance director and other board members would deserve a bonus if the financial results were of a good enough standard and not a substantial loss.

Players who got out and win games and trophies for Rangers Football Club full deserve their bonus money.

Why? They get paid to do their Job.

The Boyd bonus scoop isn't exactly a "bombshell" by any stretch of the imagination. Must have been a slow scoop day in Leggoland. Either that or too many scoops! :D

Scoops nowadays are no like the Scoops in our days Zap? we can remember when Snicker bars were Marathons and Mars Bars were the size of a Mini Cooper, scoops were humongous back then. Scoops have had their day, i blame the Tinternet.

Scoops nowadays are no like the Scoops in our days Zap? we can remember when Snicker bars were Marathons and Mars Bars were the size of a Mini Cooper, scoops were humongous back then. Scoops have had their day, i blame the Tinternet.

Aye, but a pint is still a pint!

As they (the players) produced the results that saw us winning league titles and getting us into the Champions League.

Sorry I am just against the bonus system. I believe people are paid to do a job and are paid to do their job as good as possible. I can't understand why someone who is paid millions to do their job also needs a bonus. I can understand that a part time team like Brechin reaching the CL would give their team a bonus but Rangers players are paid to be successful.