Archie Macpherson's cancer battle

VETERAN sports pundit Archie Macpherson has spoken of his shock at being diagnosed with a type of kidney cancer closely linked to smoking, despite having "never had a cigarette in my mouth in my entire life".

The sports commentator writes exclusively in The Herald today about his experience just weeks after undergoing surgery to remove the tumour, which also saw him lose one healthy kidney and part of his second kidney.

Good luck Archie.

I've actually enjoyed a lot of Archie's journalism over the last year or two. He's one of the few left in the Fourth Estate who seem eager to speak his mind in a fair and balanced fashion.

All the best!

Guest Belt & Braces

Spoke to Archie a few years ago after he gave a talk at The Smith Art Gallery And Museum, the man is a walking museum of Scottish football. He's a gentleman but nobodies fool.

Speedy recovery to you old chap.

Ach away, I love his blustery commentary, always have. I quite like Davie provan's too. Pass ma jaiket.
I also liked his commentaries although he did use words that I had no idea what he was talking about.