Gers Mourn Norrie Martin

Guest ayrshireranger

Guest ayrshireranger

'RANGERS legend Sandy Jardine has led the tributes to former Light Blues goalkeeper Norrie Martin who has sadly passed away.

Ladybank-born Martin moved to Ibrox in 1958 from Hamilton, initially as a third-choice keeper to George Niven and Billy Ritchie, and during his 12 years at Ibrox he made 126 appearances with 15 of them in Europe.

During the 1966/67 season he wore the number one jersey in the Cup Winners’ Cup, playing against Borussia Dortmund, Real Zaragoza, Slavia Sofia and in the Final which Rangers lost 1-0 to Bayern Munich.'

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5269-gers-mourn-norrie-martin

Don't remember thinking at the time that we were weakened when he was on the teamsheet.

Someone else gone from the old days.

RIP Norrie.

To be honest I don't think Rangers have ever had a bad keeper.

I am not sure of the order any more as my mind is blown but I think Norrie martin took over from Billy Ritchie and then came Gery Neef

Erik Sorrenson?(SP) and Peter Mccloy, Who was the keeper who took over long term .