I found the whole van thing too much, the protests at least may have some aim to help us misguided or otherwise, but that was just showing off and attention seeking.

I have a tendency to vent online as you know FS. :)

Told you before stepping away from the PC for a few minutes won't do you any harm.

Alot of people say a lot of things and it isn't always true.

My opinion is that they are being advised, manipulated, or whatever you want to call it by someone else.

From what I know of one of the guys behind SoS, he's not the type of character to be manipulated by anyone.

Have others advised them? Yes, they have but any meetings SoS have had have been open to all and I see the guys asking for advice online and input pretty regularly.

Those making slurs instead of a credible argument against their protests just look weak and it could be said are merely being manipulated themselves.

I should qualify the above by saying I'm not overly convinced with all of the SoS tactics and feel yesterday's stunt was somewhat crass - if certainly effective in keeping any publicity pressure on.

However, no-one can argue with the fact these guys have got off their behind and worked extremely hard to help focus people's opinions. They've spent their own money, their own time and put up with some pathetic criticisms along the way and while not everyone agrees with them, I'm certainly impressed by their efforts.

I don't blame the RST for anything as I don't think they have a big enough input to make a difference. As for MD, I do believe he can have a big influence by using censorship in his site, talking to papers, and then off course he seem to have an influence in these supporter groups, and whether you like it or not they are portrayed as representing the rangers fans and the majority of people get their info from such sources and not online.

Mather's resignation, I am not sure what that was all about, but I definitely don't believe that was the RSTs doing.

Sorry the quote I was replying to never got added in, but it was in response to bluedells post on the previous page.

Edited by j1mgg
never added in quote

I think the difficulty comes about offering an alternative is that follow follow, I believe still has the most hits/members and the most known, and this is how he gets his point across, sometimes by censoring the points he doesn't like.

If you are a new group, then you will basically have to get onto that site, and if your point iany in line with MD, then you will not be mentioned on follow follow.

As for the fans groups, there proper memberships numbers shows what the fans thinks, not the members that some got by default.

How do the SoS know that the stadium won't be sold, what will they class as clear accounts, and I doubt our club will be ever off the front page on the newspapers, not with the amount of leaks we have.

I think the difficulty comes about offering an alternative is that follow follow, I believe still has the most hits/members and the most known, and this is how he gets his point across, sometimes by censoring the points he doesn't like.

If you are a new group, then you will basically have to get onto that site, and if your point iany in line with MD, then you will not be mentioned on follow follow.

As for the fans groups, there proper memberships numbers shows what the fans thinks, not the members that some got by default.

How do the SoS know that the stadium won't be sold, what will they class as clear accounts, and I doubt our club will be ever off the front page on the newspapers, not with the amount of leaks we have.

The point about FF is fair enough but I don't think SoS were on there to begin with and they certainly don't bow to MD now they do publicise on his forum. In saying that, I'm not involved with them and haven't been to their meetings; though I know people I trust that have.

At the end of the day if you offer a credible alternative - either via a fans organisation, a 'generic' spokesperson or even a website - then it will work and MD would look daft if he censored discussion on it.

In the last couple of years we've had stuff like SOS, RangersUnite and TRS all come to the fore and do well without any real backing from MD. Meanwhile RM has become the biggest traffic contender to FF and is capable of being an equally influential website. Other smaller sites exist as well and there are credible opinion formers right cross the community.

Thus, while I can understand the complaints, using MD as an excuse not to explore certain issues fully is nothing more than a prevarication.