Guest Night Owl

Brilliant article Andy I thoroughly enjoyed that well done.

Nearly in tears at that Anthem , I dunno if I'm a hammer and sickle man at heart..... must be the change in the weather.

I to believe that our struggle to the top of Scotland's footballing mountain is more like a molehill and taking pride in it is like taking pride in stepping on shite.

Excuse the language but the Scottish game is face down in a puddle of its own blood and guts. The governing bodies and its members have taken a razor to its own flesh and made a complete arse of everything.

I was going to confess something about a feeling I got a few weeks before joining here but i'll keep it to myself, its just at times that its hard to say you like football in this country with a straight face.

I went to one of these Red Army concerts. They started with Goad Sevv de Quveen like I've never heard it before or since. "Beat that" I thought as they segued into the old Soviet anthem. Shatteringly breathtaking!

They didn't bother with the wee floorie o' Scotland, but they don't do couthy pub songs.

Nearly in tears at that Anthem , I dunno if I'm a hammer and sickle man at heart..... must be the change in the weather.

I went to one of these Red Army concerts. They started with Goad Sevv de Quveen like I've never heard it before or since. "Beat that" I thought as they segued into the old Soviet anthem. Shatteringly breathtaking!

It really has to be the best anthem ever, purely on the groundsof the music alone.

our struggle to the top of Scotland's footballing mountain is more like a molehill and taking pride in it is like taking pride in stepping on shite.

Excuse the language but the Scottish game is face down in a puddle of its own blood and guts. The governing bodies and its members have taken a razor to its own flesh and made a complete arse of everything.

Beautifully put, sir. We should never tire of reminding the diddy teams either, who for so long suffered under the OF yoke, that they completely shat their best ever chance to change the game for the better when the 11-1 vote was nullified by our catastrophe. I will never understand why the same people who mobilised so effectively to get rid of Rangers couldn't mobilise at all to prevent their clubs de facto gifting the title to one club in perpetuity while ensuring no challenge could be mounted to that club's dominance.

There has to be a way out of this. So many sane, intelligent posters are saying the same thing: there's just no appetite for going back into the SPL. We know that not a single fan of official of any SPL teams will welcome us back & given that, a mutual expulsion might be the best option.

If we knew of somewhere we could go, I think many would be off like a shot. But where? Perhaps the only likely option will be a pan-Euro league of some kind whereby we only have to play the other Scots teams on rare occasions.

Guest Night Owl
I will never understand why the same people who mobilised so effectively to get rid of Rangers couldn't mobilise at all to prevent their clubs de facto gifting the title to one club in perpetuity while ensuring no challenge could be mounted to that club's dominance.

There has to be a way out of this. So many sane, intelligent posters are saying the same thing: there's just no appetite for going back into the SPL. We know that not a single fan of official of any SPL teams will welcome us back & given that, a mutual expulsion might be the best option.

If we knew of somewhere we could go, I think many would be off like a shot. But where? Perhaps the only likely option will be a pan-Euro league of some kind whereby we only have to play the other Scots teams on rare occasions.

Small minds Andy.

The business plan of the spineless chairmen who took part in that vote was to simple stand under the Gers with their mouths open and gulp up the wealth. They are small teams ran by small minds.

I'm by no means an economist but I do believe football will under take a radical change in the 30 years with European leagues possibly coming into fruition as smaller teams collapse and little leagues in little countries fall away with only the strong surviving.

It really has to be the best anthem ever, purely on the groundsof the music alone.

Beautifully put, sir. We should never tire of reminding the diddy teams either, who for so long suffered under the OF yoke, that they completely shat their best ever chance to change the game for the better when the 11-1 vote was nullified by our catastrophe. I will never understand why the same people who mobilised so effectively to get rid of Rangers couldn't mobilise at all to prevent their clubs de facto gifting the title to one club in perpetuity while ensuring no challenge could be mounted to that club's dominance.

Fully agree Zap, we are simply marking time till we can gather up our belongings and escape to a less hateful and spiteful League. Our best option and i think the quickest route will be, if say four of the top EPL clubs are invited into a European Super League, That would leave room for us and unfortunately the Vhermin to be invited into a re-invigorated EPL or BPL (British Premier League)

At one time (i think i even espoused the idea on here) i would have hoped we would have a feeder or reserve team to play in the spfl, But not now with the way they treated us, so sod them leave them to rot.

I've always been strongly opposed to the idea of moving away from Scottish football. But in this current situation I have to admit I had to change my mind. So much has been going on, so many darts directed towards us and this general Anti- Rangers atmosphere, this can't be healthy for any team. Sometimes you have to know when to flush the shit down the toilet and start off from scratch, this is the time for us I suppose.