I like the idea of having regional leagues, something like North, South, East & West Leagues. These leagues could play a season then the top 3 or 4 from each league could end in a champions league type thing at the end of the season to decide the European Places and overall Champion.

All well and good, but it would require the clubs who leaped fearlessly forward, insisting that for the good of the game the Hun must be expelled, to step forward again and challenge celtc, who are not quite in the same shambolic, defenceless mess we were when those brave chappies started listening to the 'flood of emails' that poured in.

There's no guts to do it; there's no imagination to come up with something interesting; there's no stomach for risk; all there is, as we saw from the horrible sight of the D1 clubs last summer threatening to scweam and scweam until they got more pudding, is base, avaricious self interest. I wouldn't even have objected to that had it not been dressed up as deep, ongoing concern for the game as a whole. Any sight yet of the modern, progressive football in the 'Championship' featuring a tsunami of young Scottish talent we were promised?

You may say its a bit soon, but if you cast your mind back when Murray Park opened the criticism that it didn't produce the goods started about three weeks later. Sauce for the goose, dear fellows, sauce for the goose.

Gutless, cowardly, unimaginative and subservient to one of the clubs they whined about being dominated by for decades. When we're back, they will whine about being dominated by two clubs. Well, they had their chance; I suppose they still just about have a chance; what they don't have is the balls.

Good article...at first I also thought chilledbear had written it.

The problem with the game up here is down to the success of the epl I reckon.

Most of European football is suffering because of that league and others like Spain & Germany are just about keeping up with England's domination in the last decade or so.

The problem Scotland has is it's right next door to England and our game gets pelted in comparison and will continue to do so.

Putting Rangers into the bottom tier just made it even worse.

A bigger league would be nice, but all Sky is interested in when it comes to Scottish football is 'The Old Firm'

No thanks!, we will keep plodding on working our way back up the leagues, you wanted big bad Rangers out and you got it,you made your bed now lie in it, we are well capable of looking after ourselves and need no help from any of the corrupt cabal SFA, the damage is done so it's too late.

No thanks!, we will keep plodding on working our way back up the leagues, you wanted big bad Rangers out and you got it,you made your bed now lie in it, we are well capable of looking after ourselves and need no help from any of the corrupt cabal SFA, the damage is done so it's too late.

We're doing ourselves no favours playing in the lower leagues. from a financial viewpoint it means we loses millions year on year. We need to get back to the top division as soon as possible so as to get back into europe

We're doing ourselves no favours playing in the lower leagues. from a financial viewpoint it means we loses millions year on year. We need to get back to the top division as soon as possible so as to get back into europe

Aye, that was my thinking back then when all other clubs fans got to decide our future, it happened so I'm dealing with it,anyway we need three years accounts before we are allowed back into europe,I know it can be done via a special request from the SFA!, I won't hold my breath. Our current SPIVS are doing us no favours financially either.

Edited by ian1964

Aye, that was my thinking back then when we all other clubs fans got to decide our future, it happened so I'm dealing with it,anyway we need three years accounts before we are allowed back into europe,I know it can be done via a special request from the SFA!, I won't hold my breath. Our current SPIVS are doing us no favours financially either.

what will be interesting at the end of the season is whether the SPL, sorry SPFL, can meet all its financial promises it made to get the support from the Div1 clubs to push thro the 'reconstruction' (if you can call it that when you start with 12-10-10-10 & finished with 12-10-10-10). Don't forget they've still no sponsor for the league or LC and don't look like getting one either. That's a fair chunk of money to be going without I'd have thought

Some merit in that last point Waltersgotstyle that I hadn't thought of before.

Would maybe be a bit like when the 5-nations expanded to 6. Year by year Italy improved and became more competitive. Even if they are routinely in the bottom two they dont disgrace themselves like people may have thought and have achieved victories against most teams (barring England? who they have run close on a couple of occasions).

It wouldnt happen overnight but these lesser teams who would probably have been getting spanked off us and them would become as "competitive" as the other dross at the foot of the SPL.

Yep agree with that, also Argentina are getting better now they have joined the Tri-nations.

I was all for 20-22 with regional set up below that. But 20-12-10 would be good enough to start with. It gives the lower league clubs more motivation knowing they are a big closer to the top league.