I think you are confusing that role with a PR role. His remit was to improve Rangers owned media channels - the Programme, Rangers TV and website - so they could make more revenue.

I've no idea if they did make more revenue but the quality on them improved, in my opinion.

I'd add that you've no idea if he improved our PR or not, you only know what did get reported, not what didn't. Think about it, almost all the bad stuff we generate and supply to the media ourselves.

I'm pretty sure he was responsible for all communications and as such failed massively.

No idea if he improved PR or not? Rather self evident. We have probably challenged the news of the world this past year in terms of embarrassing press coverage.

Another bad move from the board. It would have made a lot more sense to retain big JT's services for the moment.

Not only that Zap what a waste of a opportunity we had with Traynor, underused in his field of excellence imo, they hired a media savvy steamroller and they used him as a paper weight.

Not only that Zap what a waste of a opportunity we had with Traynor, underused in his field of excellence imo, they hired a media savvy steamroller and they used him as a paper weight.

I think his intended role and actual job remit was always misinterpreted by a lot of fans mate. TBH, I think it was probably a seed sewn by Green and one or two of his untruths following the appointment, but I can't remember the specifics.

I wonder if he's got a confidentiality clause. be some book if he doesn't.

I worried that Traynor would become the story when he joined and he did to an extent but I think he improved some of our output and from what I hear was a force for good inside the club.

You had advocated on another thread that Rangers should re-engage with the BBC to solve the existing problems between them. Since Traynor was the one who banned the BBC reporter, maybe today's action will facilitate such an engagement.

Probably the most baffling Rangers career ever. A potentially great appointment turned out to be a waste of time and resources. I honestly think a cardboard cut out of JT said at his desk all day.

Quite disappointed it didn't work out as JT was one in the media I previously used to enjoy listening to.

You had advocated on another thread that Rangers should re-engage with the BBC to solve the existing problems between them. Since Traynor was the one who banned the BBC reporter, maybe today's action will facilitate such an engagement.

Maybe, although I doubt it. Traynor was an advocate for banning individuals rather than whole papers or broadcasters.