Hibernian have agreed personal terms with Inverness Caledonian Thistle's Terry Butcher to become their new manager.

Caley Thistle say there has as yet been no contact between themselves and the Edinburgh club about the 54-year-old.

Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron told BBC Scotland that it's "business as usual" and he insisted that "nobody has contacted the club".

Cameron said he is simply "looking forward to the game at the weekend".

That's when his side travel to face the Edinburgh outfit.

His comments came amid reports that the Easter Road club had targeted Butcher as their new manager following the departure of Pat Fenlon last week.

Hibs, whose board met on Sunday to discuss the search for a new manager, will hope to agree a compensation deal with their Scottish Premiership rivals.

Butcher has been offered a new contract by Inverness that has been lying unsigned for several months.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24809195

I can imagine him wanting to live nearer his Bridge of Allan home but he is mental to leave Inverness to go there. I thought he would get a decent job in England.

Inverness have looked after him well and I don't see the job ambition moving to Hibs.

Very disappointing if this is true and I hope Inverness get every penny out of Hibs.

"why would you want to change"

Caley have achieved as much as they are ever likely to. Smaller fanbase than Ross County. HIVS have potential to do an awful lot better. After their glittering post-war years only Eddie Turnbull and to a lesser extent Stein and Bob Shankly have made anything of it.

If I were TB I'd be looking for a way out of the Caley backwater but Easter Road? Despite the potential, hmmmm. Remember helicopter Duffy?

Different ways of looking at it. Inverness have treated him well and he's been a great manager for them. He's always said that he loves it up there at Inverness too, although you wouldn't expect him to say it's a shithole and make himself the least popular man in Inverness.... :D

With a bigger fanbase, bigger stadium and much better training facilities and youth system, Hibs can offer him a lot more, so it's no surprise he's interested in at least hearing what they have to say.