Found this on SOS FB and nowhere else so not sure how accurate.

CEO interviews were to start 11th Nov as per advert in financial times yet new chairman who only started yesterday claims interviews already taken place???? Strange selection process. I'm banking on shoe horned appointment middle of next week. Thought Mr Somers was to recruit CEO so did he spend yesterday interviewing these candidates?

I doubt that we need to see bad omens everywhere. I would assume that some people have been put forward or have put themselves forward even before the add, so Somer might well talk to these right now. Those adverts are bound to give people interested time to put forward their own stuff and actually arrange a trip to Glasgow.

Were the interviews due to start November 11th or was it that the deadline for application was November 11th ? There is a marked difference between the two.

You can interview even when the deadline for application hasnt passed and, given our situation regarding lack of Board members, they would be remiss NOT to start interviewing prior to the deadline.

Somers probably IS interviewing them and he was introduced with that as part of his remit. However, the advert went out prior to Somers coming on board. Which means that the two directors could either a) start interviewing as it is a time critical appointment (I would contend) or b) wait till they got a chairman in which they wouldnt have known how quickly that appointment would be made.

Any interviewees that passed the interview from Stockbridge & Easdale will now likely be referred to Somers to also cast his eye over them. Nothing untoward in that.

Sometimes we look for faults when there really arent any to be had.

Advert states interviews w/c 11 November 2013.

pic.twitter.com/ERodKxRA8P

That's for those who apply through the advert. It doesn't preclude other interviews, or perhaps they subsequently decided to have some earlier because it suited the candidates.

I really can't get excited about the dates.

That's for those who apply through the advert. It doesn't preclude other interviews, or perhaps they subsequently decided to have some earlier because it suited the candidates.

I really can't get excited about the dates.

There won't be anyone applying via that particular advert though will there?

On the bright side we must have plenty cash left if we can spunk it so recklessly as that!

I'd be astonished if there aren't a squadron of recruitment companies hunting and proffering candidates for the job. If Craig Whyte or Imran Ahmed doesn't own a headhunting business they've missed a trick.