I saw he scored again and the Beeb website had another picture of him, and once again he looks physically in the best shape of his life. If only he had looked after himself when younger at his peak I think he could have been a better player.

Boyd is what he always has been which is a goal scorer/poacher, especially if the team play to his strengths, i.e. give him the ball around or near the goal :)

He's never had pace, he's never been a worker, in his last SKY and most other interviews he openly admits that and we can all see that. He is a bloody good goal scorer simple as that, he still doesn't get the recognition from some Rangers fans after the amount of goals he scored for us during his time here which is shocking IMO. I wish we had someone like him playing for us now.

Boyd is what he always has been which is a goal scorer/poacher, especially if the team play to his strengths, i.e. give him the ball around or near the goal :)

He's never had pace, he's never been a worker, in his last SKY and most other interviews he openly admits that and we can all see that. He is a bloody good goal scorer simple as that, he still doesn't get the recognition from some Rangers fans after the amount of goals he scored for us during his time here which is shocking IMO. I wish we had someone like him playing for us now.

Most of the criticism at Boyd was the lack of goals in big games and the fact he needed to have a strike partner that did all the work. I would rather have him than Daly though because he might still be of some use in a couple years when we are back in the SPFL.

Most of the criticism at Boyd was the lack of goals in big games and the fact he needed to have a strike partner that did all the work. I would rather have him than Daly though because he might still be of some use in a couple years when we are back in the SPFL.

He was rarely played in big games such as Celtic and in Europe mainly due to Walter playing one up front, which Boyd couldn't do.

He has also said Miller was his best strike partner and again because he done most of the work and Boyd scored most of the goals. It's a team game and everyone has a different role. If he was an all round player he wouldn't have stayed at Rangers for very long and he would've played in more big games, but he isn't and he didn't but he was one hell of a goal scorer!!!!

daly is 7 months older than boyd and frankly will likely have a longer career looking at both their fitness levels.

daly is 7 months older than boyd and frankly will likely have a longer career looking at both their fitness levels.

There's no chance in hell of Daly being good enough to be a regular in the SPFL. At least I hope not. Boyd could get us 20+ goals, Daly would be more like 10 and I don't know what the point in signing him was.