Is that not illegal? How did they get away with this and why did we fall for it?

blackmail ? if CG didn't agree to this we didn't get licence to play although it has to be said SKY were about to walk away from Scottish football if we weren't included at the start of last season.

Indeed. We got our license some 24h before we played the first game (in the Ramsden Cup, methinks) of that season. Preseason? What preseason? Players not knowing whether we'd play competitive football, managers and staff fearing for their jobs. Yes, I think a decent QC would have fun with this ... and the SFA would have fun explaining all this to a court and UEFA ... for that matter. If only ...

I for one hopes this ends in a court case, MM stated,

"The choice is stark - take sanctions or risk not playing football at all. We do not wish to gamble with the club's future so, under duress, we have taken the difficult decision to accept some sanctions in order to move forward".

Duress and Undue Influence law are plain enough and Green should have challenged it at the time, the sfa would lose and will lose badly.

I think this would be good timing for us to have a big court case with the SPL - UEFA kick Scottish clubs out of Europe while we can't qualify. Sweet. Plus, some of the immoral and/or illegal stuff they have done could do with coming out once and for all.

Only trouble is that our reserves are low and so where would the fighting fund come from? RFFF?