" The timing is odd, why now nearly 18 months later is this being pursued again?"

Maybe they feel a bit braver now that CG is out of the way. I'm glad he's gone, but he could fairly stand up for himself.

or it could be that the SPFL are skint!!! They are still without a main sponsor & I'm sure I read something in the paper about the Harry Hood court case (£1.7m I think) and their appeal being rejected...

Considering the treatment of us by Liewell and his snide comments about not being the same club. By his logic, the SPFL isn't the same as the old SPL/SFL therefore they have no history with us and the fiveway agreement...another case of when it suits.

Considering the treatment of us by Liewell and his snide comments about not being the same club. By his logic, the SPFL isn't the same as the old SPL/SFL therefore they have no history with us and the fiveway agreement...another case of when it suits.

The big question is....Was the SPL liquidated along with the SFL, and a completely new company (SPFL) setup, or was the SPL company retained & just given a new name???

From the Scotsman article

But, according to a BBC report last night, SPFL lawyers believe the fine can be recovered under the terms of Rangers’ SFA membership transfer, which granted authorities the right to pursue football debts.

Note that this is a) marked as a "fine" and b) that it is likewise termed a "football debt". All of the latter where paid. LNS said that there should be a fine of said 250k, and also said that the newco should not be held responsible. So did the SPFL and the BBC not read the sentence in full?

(Snatched in part from FF)

Membership transfer agreement draft excerpt:

The SPL, Sevco and RFC hereby agree that on Completion Sevco shall, other than with respect to the CW Exempt Acts, become liable and responsible for the purpose of imposition of sanctions by the SPL for any and all acts and/or omissions of RFC and/or Rangers FC which predated Completion including the CW Enduring Acts and which caused, resulted in, contributed or led to a breach of or failure to fulfil any provision or provisions of the SPL Articles and/or the SPL Rules by RFC and/or Rangers FC as if, for that purpose, such acts and/or omissions had occurred at a time when Sevco was the owner and holder of the RFC Share and Rangers FC had been owned and operated by Sevco and Sevco had been a full member of the SFA.

Reminder of the SPFL board:

The current SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Ralph Topping (Chairman), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Bill Darroch (Stenhousemuir).

Reminder of some facts:

Where is Celtic's fine for use of an undisclosed EBT ? Why were they allowed a European licence while owing HMRC £750k? And that would be £750k they paid back 3 years later!

Ian Blair from the SFA took 2 days from start to finish to investigate Celtic and gave them the all clear. Even though they failed to disclose this EBT to the SFA. The exact same thing Rangers were investigated for and heavily fined, despite actually disclosing all EBT payments in their accounts!

Reminder of their status quo:

No sponsor!

No Rangers!

No money!

No win against Harry Hood's TV claim!

Hearts teetering on the brink of causing chaos to their premier leagues first season!

Quite a bill from their reconstruction promises to come!

... even those 250k would not save them.

The big question is....Was the SPL liquidated along with the SFL, and a completely new company (SPFL) setup, or was the SPL company retained & just given a new name???

My understanding was SPL simply changed its name to SPFL. Same company. It's the SFL company which ceased to exist. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Are we not owed prizemoney from the good old SF of A ?

My understanding was that we forfeited our SPL prize money as part of the 5 way agreement in order to get the SFA to transfer our membership from oldco to newco hence the club continued. We also had to accept a 12month signing embargo and a £50k unless I'm mistaken.

Are you maybe getting mixed up with the Steve Davis transfer fee which Southampton paid the SFA and they're still holding on to?

My understanding was that we forfeited our SPL prize money as part of the 5 way agreement in order to get the SFA to transfer our membership from oldco to newco hence the club continued. We also had to accept a 12month signing embargo and a £50k unless I'm mistaken.

Are you maybe getting mixed up with the Steve Davis transfer fee which Southampton paid the SFA and they're still holding on to?

You are not mistaken. And we can and should remind the SFA (and the SPFL) of that "5 way agreement", since it is blackmail to anyone not wearing grey-green glasses. And the latter are up in arms about such corruption anyway, just for different reasons.

Is that not illegal? How did they get away with this and why did we fall for it?