I am going to stick up for your average Celtic supporter here, I don't think they give a shit about the H-block or the IRA. Unfortunately the tail is wagging the dog,

If that's the case, why are the majority of the sections of the stadium not encouraged to self-police this particular section when it displays such blatently offensive ( to the wider tv audience at least ) banners? I don't think that the average Celtic supporter would thank you for your support.

I am going to stick up for your average Celtic supporter here, I don't think they give a shit about the H-block or the IRA. Unfortunately the tail is wagging the dog,

The problem is that Celtic Football Club tacitly encourages this kind of extreme behaviour.

The other problem is that the mainstream media in Scotland, the SFA, the political establishment and the judicial authorities appear to display blatant double standards when it comes to them and us.

If that's the case, why are the majority of the sections of the stadium not encouraged to self-police this particular section when it displays such blatently offensive ( to the wider tv audience at least ) banners? I don't think that the average Celtic supporter would thank you for your support.

This came from the Green brigade. If you were going to the stadium would you try and tell a large gang of people you know to be extremist to be quiet. I never said Celtic football club could not do something about it if the will was there, I said the average fan doesn't give a shit. Whether people sing songs is also another question as I in the past sang the UVF songs as well, while I don't really support what they do, it was just a form of tribalism.

My brother in Law who is a Celtic season ticket holder told me that in the game at Ibrox where Rangers beat Celtic 5-1 the Green Brigade positioned themselves at the top of every stairway and threatened people who were wanting to leave early, sending them back to their seats. Normal fans are afraid of the Green brigade.

This came from the Green brigade. If you were going to the stadium would you try and tell a large gang of people you know to be extremist to be quiet. I never said Celtic football club could not do something about it if the will was there, I said the average fan doesn't give a shit. Whether people sing songs is also another question as I in the past sang the UVF songs as well, while I don't really support what they do, it was just a form of tribalism.

My brother in Law who is a Celtic season ticket holder told me that in the game at Ibrox where Rangers beat Celtic 5-1 the Green Brigade positioned themselves at the top of every stairway and threatened people who were wanting to leave early, sending them back to their seats. Normal fans are afraid of the Green brigade.

Pete, I don't doubt the veracity of your brother in law's story, however, surely the average fan would have the choice of not going to another game or reporting this terrorism to the police. Your average fan just wants to follow his team and watch a game of football without fear or favour. I find it hard to believe that less than 500 fans can terrorise and control 60000 fans. That 60000 voices sing and chant IRA slogans and songs at the behest of the GB. That they all wave Irish tricolours to satisfy the GB, that they would riot in Dundee or Amsterdam or where ever else they are ordered to by the GB. That they would en masse rally round a campaign to destroy Rangers because of the promptings of the GB.

The Strathclyde police proved, when they ringed the GB when the GB attempted their illegal march to Parkhead, that they could control this terrorist gang. Surely the average fan can feel safe with that kind of protection.

I think , Pete, that the average fan condones the behaviour of this element of their support because the Celtic board is seen publicly to condone the sentiments and actions of the GB. If the average fan was unhappy with the current behaviour of the GB and wanted to put a stop to it then they could complain to the police. However, this would compel the CFC board to take action against the GB. So I don't think that it is a case of the average fan not giving a shit, I think that they are quite satisfied to have this cheerleading element in their midst, albeit at arms length from their section of the ground.

We as Rangers fans say that they are obsessed with us but I think it is more that they, themselves, are obsessed with their own evil.