Outright ownership isn't necessary, but the fans should hold sufficient shares to ensure they have boardroom influence and cannot be easily ignored or kept in the dark on issues of substance.

I subscribed to the one-off BuyRangers scheme at the time of the IPO and will seriously consider making a regular commitment.

Outright ownership isn't necessary, but the fans should hold sufficient shares to ensure they have boardroom influence and cannot be easily ignored or kept in the dark on issues of substance.

I subscribed to the one-off BuyRangers scheme at the time of the IPO and will seriously consider making a regular commitment.

Fair comment and one I subscribe too. 100% ownership is very unlikely. However, BuyRangers can gain enough shares where supporters own a significant percentage so the club is safe from bogeymen and all the other extras via greater fan involvement.

Here's something a few things to ponder: http://www.therst.co.uk/reasons-for-fan-ownership/

The DD scheme is very simple and with supporters taking advantage, can be very effective.

Personally, I don't see outright ownership as holding a bright future.

However, some sort of fans' governance body to hold the Board to account - with constitutional clout - could be a way forward.

If you think about Parliament, then sort of cross between the House of Lords and the Opposition.

Edited by bluebear54