Those Celtic fans who have taken to flying banners with political messages on them - they are not doing anything that a mature society should object to. They hold a particular point of view and want to flaunt it, as they have done for decades.

Driving them underground is an exercise in madness. Keep them in the light. Let everyone see what they stand for. Let them be judged for their views.

Oppressing and criminalising them is an extraordinary foolish tactic because it will fuel their anger and aid the growth of their more extremist wing.

Yes, they would stand back and see Rangers fans targeted, and applaud authority for doing it, but that's because there is a lopsided moral standard in their midst which should hardly come as a surprise to us.

Alex Salmond's shallow administration is needlessly provoking a deeply sinister element here, and it was bounced into it by people who basically wanted a law to single out and arrest Rangers fans.

If the Scottish government has any sense at all, it will walk away from criminalising football fans and abandon its bad law.

If the law interferes with a heavy hand, it will create the circumstances for a poisonous weed to take root and grow.

On the day that Tom Daley came out, is there anything you want to tell us Zappa? ;)

Spiers denying the St Andrews stuff to me on Twitter.

I do remember an event which clashed with a Rangers game. Trying to find out more.

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers 16m

@GersnetOnline Frankie, do people actually believe this stuff...my (non-existent) lecture in St Andrews RC Cathedral and the like??

Spiers denying the St Andrews stuff to me on Twitter.

I do remember an event which clashed with a Rangers game. Trying to find out more.

Frankie,

I've checked my records from a decade past, the venue was changed too, it was St Andrews cathedral in Castle Street ie the COS building.

Frankie,

I've checked my records from a decade past, the venue was changed too, it was St Andrews cathedral in Castle Street ie the COS building.

If you could PM me the date of the event, I'd be much obliged mate! :)

If you could PM me the date of the event, I'd be much obliged mate! :)

Have done so.

It must be so difficult for ra Bhoy in Corduroy to remember amid his accurate reports on Bears singing, 'Klinsmanns a Klansman', Aberdeen fans singing, 'Nice one Jimmy', and those numerous references to Ibrox being akin to a Nuremberg Rally. He even gets his own mate, Bitter Martin the tin tack at Radio Snyde; broadcasting about voting intentions on the day of a General Election. Oh, and those appearances on TV(twice) fingering his organ and subjecting the audience to a medley of Elton John melodies. Yep, you've guessed it, 'Song for (Juan) Ghuy'. My favourite belter from Graham is his false memory reference attending an old firm game at Ibrox in 1975, replete in his Rangers scarf. He adds, I stood in my usual spot in the Celtic end and was encouraged by Celtic supporters as Rangers won three nil.

Where does one start? Where does one end?