The British establishment excused it, they are in the Palace of Westminster, acquiescence and appeasement have their own prices ones I would rather not pay, but the powers that be have me pissin in the wind a second class inhabitant in my own land.

I too feel like a stranger in the land of my birth. A land that my father and grandfather donned British Army uniforms to defend and offered the ultimate sacrifice for. Breaks my heart to see how they have been let down time and time again.

The British establishment excused it, they are in the Palace of Westminster, acquiescence and appeasement have their own prices ones I would rather not pay, but the powers that be have me pissin in the wind a second class inhabitant in my own land.

Parallels as to what happened to our club and it's supporters in a sporting sense, also what's happening to us in Scotland politically and through the Mhedia and BBC.

Parallels as to what happened to our club and it's supporters in a sporting sense, also what's happening to us in Scotland politically and through the Mhedia and BBC.

What is and has happened is a result of apathy and indifference in every sphere of life, if you don't stand for your beliefs and principles you end up trodden underfoot and left with the dregs, no excuses.

I don't know. I didn't put anything in the OP about 'Father's Advice' because I couldn't remember what it was called - now, I've been toddling along Edmiston Drive since the early 80's so it's not as if I don't know the songbook! Seems to me like there's been a real rearguard action amongst the Loyalist fans to ensure they are not left behind, at least vocally. This finds support here (Scotland) amongst the youthful who want to appear hardcore, and their elders who don't care to move on from the 80's, and has a ready outlet in the online community with their 'Rangers fan my arse' mantra and wanker emoticon. The horror! the horror!

But even if you're right, lifting the songbook of Northern Ireland because 'it's really good for a sing-song' must be one of the most culturally crass moves in the history of fandom. Terrorism is not only always wrong, it's hardly a fit subject for a singsong! Loyalism is not terrorism, would be the reply to that. Well, stop singing about the YCV or the UVF, then!

I've no issue with 'loyalist' music like The Sash or No surrender - although I don't sing the former since I've no time for Orangeism. When Tom English berated Malcolm Murray for saying 'no surrender' he failed to understand that, while to him it may mean Irish history, to me it means 'don't give up, Rangers!' and nothing more. Culturally insensitive? Maybe, but if your skin is so thin that something from 300 years ago bothers you I suggest you don't leave the house...I bet you there are plenty of Scotland fans who sing Flower of Scotland, then will vote 'no' in the referendum. Singing a song is not a binding legal contract to enact all the words contained therein, you know. But some are certainly less tasteful than others, & the more recent the issue, the less tasteful the ditty.

And anyway, few pressmen were likewise upset by the content of the banners at Parkheid last week, only the effect on celtc and the timing. Can't have it both ways!

And of course the SFA themselves. But only after UEFA had taken the lead, so to speak, several days and one display later.

Being away for a dozen days, I have come late to this.

Spiers, where does one start?

Spiers(along with Kevin McCarra) received his start in mainstream journalism at Scotland on Sunday, courtesy of the then Sports Editor, Kevin McKenna. We are talking a period between 15-20 years past. Previously, McKenna had been Editor of ra Sellik View. He was allowed to resign after being recorded making a sectarian rant in the Vesuvius restaurant in Glasgow. A documentary team had invited a dozen or so of the main players in old firm media to the eatery to solicit views and a drunk Kevin obliged. He offered that the IRA bombing of the Eniskillen Remembrance Day service was a legitimate act of war and protestants bred like rabbits. He was invited to repeat these remarks and did so with gusto. When the story broke on the front page of the Sun, Sellik the club had no view. A week later, McKenna handed in his notice and joined the staff at the Scotsman.

As Sports Editor of the newly published Scotland on Sunday, McKenna set out to cultivate a useful idiot. Step forward Spiers. He had a personal grudge with SDM, felt he was ignored and went public with the regular briefing sessions in Murray's restaurant in Jersey. Succulent lamb began it's preparation almost two decades ago, it landed on the plates of all Bears 18 months past. Spiers was encouraged and rewarded. McKenna's mate, Matt McGloan edited 'Once a Tim' the biggest sellik Sellik 'zine. He had an end of season readers' poll that included the category, 'Journalist most objective when dealing with matters Celtic'. Seriously, and Spiers won this poll three years on the trot. The fourth year, Spiers won too, but the very same category was part of Matt McGloan's column in ra Sellik View. Yep, Matt penned that column in the official organ for five years and Graham won every single year. Spiers very own '9 in a row'.

McKenna moved to the Herald as Deputy Editor, he joined Joan McAlpine(now an MSP for the SNP) in the same designation. The Editor was Mark Douglas-Home. McKenna appointed another fgellow Sellik View Editor, Donal Cowey as Sports Editor and they brought Spiers on board as Chief Football Writer. The triumphalisTIC triumvirate of Douglas-Home, McAlpine, and McKenna took the Herald from a daily circulation of 115,000 to under 40,000 in five short years. Spiers was unleashed, he pleaded with Martin O'Neill to do lunch, lionised Lennon(the player), and never missed an opportunity to worship at the altar of ra Sellik support. He seethed when warbling about all things Rangers, Davie Cooper was a bigot, Jock Wallace too, and Ian Ferguson had all the charm of a child molester. The Herald was sold, the top trio jumped and Spiers was fired. He prefers leaving to pitch up at the Times, but he was binned due to the conclusions of an extensive readers' survey undertaken by the new owners.

During his five year tenure at Herald Towers, Spiers was actively involved in the burgeoning anti-sectarianism groupings. Often, he was invited to speak; remember he was most objective when dealing with matters Sellik. The RST was forming and a couple of us were tasked to engage with Graham. He met us and was consistent in stating 'it was a matter of principle, both old firm teams had a problem and that Rangers particular problem was worse'. We had numerous discussions on the word, '******'. Spiers was determined it meant RC and not aggressive Irish republican. Simply, the strategy revolved around ownership of the word. You could not be up to your knees in ****** blood(please note you can be up to your knees in Hibee, Ayr Unted, and Arab blood); but George Galloway could refer to fellow MPs like Jimmy Wray as 'a bold ****** man'. Further, CSCs could continue to utilise the word in club titles eg New York's Unrepentant ****** Bastards CSC.

We accepted Graham's argument and asked about the continual useage of the word, 'Hun'. Spiers thought it a gentle mocking term, used it in print himself, and would continue to do so. It was pointed out that his principle on ****** should apply. No RSC incorporated the term ie the Hamilton Huns RSC, it was not utilised in club/support songs, and Bears did not introduce themselves in the term. It is derisory, not a term of endearment. Graham desisted.

We asked to attend an anti-sectarian meeting where Graham was speaking, he was surprised and told us he would get back with the appropriate information. It took over a week and we were informed the venue was St Andrews RC cathedral on a Wednesday evening. We agreed to be in attendance immediately and asked to contribute. MPs, MSPs, MEPs, Councillors, police, medical consultants, club officials, other invited media,......etc, all in attendance. Two days later, Graham contacted us and said there was a change in date and time, the venue remained the same. It was rescheduled for a Sunday afternoon, the same Sunday afternoon where Rangers were in Scottish Cup action and both start times were within 15 minutes of each other.

We were expected to beg off and we complied; however, we sent two other members along on a watching brief. Spiers was the main speaker and he abandoned his dearly held principle of both clubs had a problem. He told the 200 in the audience, it was all Rangers fault, yep Rangers were the root cause of sectarianism in Scotland and he was cheered to the echo. Graham gave them what they wanted. We contacted him and asked for an explanation and he lied, said our watching and listening briefs had misheard. We told Graham that he was leading a debate, determined that those being blamed were to be given no participation in the debate. His retort was rubbish, we reminded him of timings changes and that his paper, the Herald had not published a single letter on the correspondences pages from a self-acknowledged Rangers supporter on the matter for three years. He promised to check with his Editor and get back. He never did.

A decade on and Spiers principle of both sides have a problem but ours is worse is under pressure. The Green Brigade has pushed the envelope and Graham's mentor, Kevin McKenna has not told him how to respond. The one thing I want fellow Gersnetters to realise, Graham Spiers has NO principles, only naked ambition.

Being away for a dozen days, I have come late to this.

Spiers, where does one start?

Spiers(along with Kevin McCarra) received his start in mainstream journalism at Scotland on Sunday, courtesy of the then Sports Editor, Kevin McKenna. We are talking a period between 15-20 years past. Previously, McKenna had been Editor of ra Sellik View. He was allowed to resign after being recorded making a sectarian rant in the Vesuvius restaurant in Glasgow. A documentary team had invited a dozen or so of the main players in old firm media to the eatery to solicit views and a drunk Kevin obliged. He offered that the IRA bombing of the Eniskillen Remembrance Day service was a legitimate act of war and protestants bred like rabbits. He was invited to repeat these remarks and did so with gusto. When the story broke on the front page of the Sun, Sellik the club had no view. A week later, McKenna handed in his notice and joined the staff at the Scotsman.

As Sports Editor of the newly published Scotland on Sunday, McKenna set out to cultivate a useful idiot. Step forward Spiers. He had a personal grudge with SDM, felt he was ignored and went public with the regular briefing sessions in Murray's restaurant in Jersey. Succulent lamb began it's preparation almost two decades ago, it landed on the plates of all Bears 18 months past. Spiers was encouraged and rewarded. McKenna's mate, Matt McGloan edited 'Once a Tim' the biggest sellik Sellik 'zine. He had an end of season readers' poll that included the category, 'Journalist most objective when dealing with matters Celtic'. Seriously, and Spiers won this poll three years on the trot. The fourth year, Spiers won too, but the very same category was part of Matt McGloan's column in ra Sellik View. Yep, Matt penned that column in the official organ for five years and Graham won every single year. Spiers very own '9 in a row'.

McKenna moved to the Herald as Deputy Editor, he joined Joan McAlpine(now an MSP for the SNP) in the same designation. The Editor was Mark Douglas-Home. McKenna appointed another fgellow Sellik View Editor, Donal Cowey as Sports Editor and they brought Spiers on board as Chief Football Writer. The triumphalisTIC triumvirate of Douglas-Home, McAlpine, and McKenna took the Herald from a daily circulation of 115,000 to under 40,000 in five short years. Spiers was unleashed, he pleaded with Martin O'Neill to do lunch, lionised Lennon(the player), and never missed an opportunity to worship at the altar of ra Sellik support. He seethed when warbling about all things Rangers, Davie Cooper was a bigot, Jock Wallace too, and Ian Ferguson had all the charm of a child molester. The Herald was sold, the top trio jumped and Spiers was fired. He prefers leaving to pitch up at the Times, but he was binned due to the conclusions of an extensive readers' survey undertaken by the new owners.

During his five year tenure at Herald Towers, Spiers was actively involved in the burgeoning anti-sectarianism groupings. Often, he was invited to speak; remember he was most objective when dealing with matters Sellik. The RST was forming and a couple of us were tasked to engage with Graham. He met us and was consistent in stating 'it was a matter of principle, both old firm teams had a problem and that Rangers particular problem was worse'. We had numerous discussions on the word, '******'. Spiers was determined it meant RC and not aggressive Irish republican. Simply, the strategy revolved around ownership of the word. You could not be up to your knees in ****** blood(please note you can be up to your knees in Hibee, Ayr Unted, and Arab blood); but George Galloway could refer to fellow MPs like Jimmy Wray as 'a bold ****** man'. Further, CSCs could continue to utilise the word in club titles eg New York's Unrepentant ****** Bastards CSC.

We accepted Graham's argument and asked about the continual useage of the word, 'Hun'. Spiers thought it a gentle mocking term, used it in print himself, and would continue to do so. It was pointed out that his principle on ****** should apply. No RSC incorporated the term ie the Hamilton Huns RSC, it was not utilised in club/support songs, and Bears did not introduce themselves in the term. It is derisory, not a term of endearment. Graham desisted.

We asked to attend an anti-sectarian meeting where Graham was speaking, he was surprised and told us he would get back with the appropriate information. It took over a week and we were informed the venue was St Andrews RC cathedral on a Wednesday evening. We agreed to be in attendance immediately and asked to contribute. MPs, MSPs, MEPs, Councillors, police, medical consultants, club officials, other invited media,......etc, all in attendance. Two days later, Graham contacted us and said there was a change in date and time, the venue remained the same. It was rescheduled for a Sunday afternoon, the same Sunday afternoon where Rangers were in Scottish Cup action and both start times were within 15 minutes of each other.

We were expected to beg off and we complied; however, we sent two other members along on a watching brief. Spiers was the main speaker and he abandoned his dearly held principle of both clubs had a problem. He told the 200 in the audience, it was all Rangers fault, yep Rangers were the root cause of sectarianism in Scotland and he was cheered to the echo. Graham gave them what they wanted. We contacted him and asked for an explanation and he lied, said our watching and listening briefs had misheard. We told Graham that he was leading a debate, determined that those being blamed were to be given no participation in the debate. His retort was rubbish, we reminded him of timings changes and that his paper, the Herald had not published a single letter on the correspondences pages from a self-acknowledged Rangers supporter on the matter for three years. He promised to check with his Editor and get back. He never did.

A decade on and Spiers principle of both sides have a problem but ours is worse is under pressure. The Green Brigade has pushed the envelope and Graham's mentor, Kevin McKenna has not told him how to respond. The one thing I want fellow Gersnetters to realise, Graham Spiers has NO principles, only naked ambition.

The above should be compulsory reading for every Bear.