Scottish Cup Draw Rangers v Dunfermline or Ayr

That's a good draw for us, especially it being a home tie, but there's no certainties in cup competition. The winner of the Ayr v Pars match will come to Ibrox intent on causing an upset.

Behave, just behave! :D There is no chance of an upset. We have made enough mistakes in the last 2 seasons to last a life time.

Behave, just behave! :D There is no chance of an upset. We have made enough mistakes in the last 2 seasons to last a life time.

We should never fear the opposition, but every team of opponents, even part-time lower division outfits, at least deserve a level of respect by not taking them (or an easy victory) for granted.

There's been plenty of big upsets over the years to prove that teams shouldn't be taken for granted. Forfar in the League Cup this season and QotS in the Ramsdens last season spring to mind immediately while there's been plenty of unexpected fail fails for ra poops. ICT in 2000 and 2003 when ICT were still Scottish minnows, Clyde in 2006 and Ross County in 2010 are all there haunting the tims like Scottish Cup ghosts.

We should never fear the opposition, but every team of opponents, even part-time lower division outfits, at least deserve a level of respect by not taking them (or an easy victory) for granted.

There's been plenty of big upsets over the years to prove that teams shouldn't be taken for granted. Forfar in the League Cup this season and QotS in the Ramsdens last season spring to mind immediately while there's been plenty of unexpected fail fails for ra poops. ICT in 2000 and 2003 when ICT were still Scottish minnows, Clyde in 2006 and Ross County in 2010 are all there haunting the tims like Scottish Cup ghosts.

I disagree Zappa. I don't buy into respecting mediocrity. Treat them with the respect they deserve, none, and run over the f*cking top of them.

Those 2 which spring to your mind, are we counting them? Ally kept using last years team excuses for they defeats, now there are no excuses, no get outs, we are in it to win it and have a squad more than capable.

A perfect draw.

Firstly its a home tie.

Secondly its against lower league opposition.

Thirdly its not against an SPL side to finance them.

Fourthly the 2 sides I didn't want to meet at any stage are drawn against each other so 1 of them is out.

I can see where Andy Steel comes from in his post. Of course we never want to lose a game but I wouldn't lose any sleep knowing we aren't going to play an SPL side for another season. I think that's more the point he gets at.