New Rangers? Naw, just The Rangers

Was listening to Talksport earlier this week (meant to post this then) and they were talking about Hull City and the potential renaming to Hull Tigers. They even spoke of Cardiff and the change to red shirts, saying a new owner would take them back to their traditional blue.

I missed the start of the piece but one of the hosts said words to the effect of:

The soul of a football club is in the collective memory of the fans.

They didn't really mention us but it struck home with me. Even though the idiots are wrong about the liquidation stuff and the new club shite it plain doesn't matter. If the 40,000 season ticket holders believe it is still Rangers and all the match day fans and thousands of tv fans believe they are supporting the same team then they are.

Rangers aren't Ibrox. We aren't royal blue shirts nor red socks and black tops. It doesn't matter what league we are in nor where we play or train. Rangers are the 40,000 season ticket holders and the wider fan base around the globe and no one can change that no matter how much they wish it. We are the Rangers who won the Cup Winners Cup in 72, who won nine in a row and the club which the word's most successful club. And we always will be.

Probably didn't deserve a new thread but wasn't sure where else to add this.

Let's be clear - we are same club we always were - but just because forty, fifty or a hundred thousand people believe it doesn't make it so.

Our membership was transferred from a company in liquidation to a newly-formed company, and the SFA recognised this fact. This means that our history continues - officially - and that's what counts.

Forget the soul of the club and other romantic notions. They don't count for anything. We go on as we did before because all the right boxes have been ticked. If they hadn't, our next Scottish championship would have been our first instead of our 55th - despite what tens of thousands of fans say or think.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sidenote ... I was under the impression that the Hull owners want to change their name to "Hull City Tigers", thus preserving the "Hull City" name?

Off Topic.

However "Hull City Tigers" ................... is soooooo American.