Yeah, the interesting thing is that we've obviously had previous dealings with Lekhwiya when we sold them Bougherra, so it might not be completely out of the question for us to get Weiss off of them in a couple of years time. If I was Ally I'd be getting Graham Wallace to ask Lekhwiya & Weiss to give us first option on him because by the likes of summer 2016 we should hopefully be able to purchase a couple of quality players and Weiss would be ideal. He'd only be 26 by then as well.

You honestly think we have that sort of long term planning? I don't see it myself...

I would disagree, I think that would work. Carrick is a holding player who also gets back - granted he isn't a tackler but he can defend. Fletcher would put himself about everywhere and when fit is a box to box player. Rooney is another who tracks back and defends.

Man Utds problem at the moment is full backs so if they aren't good enough why play them.

Rooneys problem with Ferguson was he wasn't playing enough upfront, so he should easily slot up top with Van Persie and allow Mata a free role behind them.

They need to get a quality right back in as Jones is wasted there and Smalling isn't good enough. Rafael has never been Man U standard IMO.

In midfield they should bust the bank for Fabregas or Snieder, put one of them in their would change the out look of the team going forward.

It will be an interesting summer to see who Moyes gets in.

Your formation is completely absurd!

Can't see it myself. I reckon Arsenal will struggle to create much and break down their defence. Away win written all over it.

Mmmmm.... It's certainly not a game I'd put money on either way if I was a gambling man because anything could happen. I fancy Arsenal to hump Man U on Wednesday and bounce back from Anfield in style, but it could go the opposite way and Arsenal could completely fall apart and ruin their season after that thrashing at Anfield. It could also be somewhere in between and the game could be a total non event. Tough one to call!

Mmmmm.... It's certainly not a game I'd put money on either way if I was a gambling man because anything could happen. I fancy Arsenal to hump Man U on Wednesday and bounce back from Anfield in style, but it could go the opposite way and Arsenal could completely fall apart and ruin their season after that thrashing at Anfield. It could also be somewhere in between and the game could be a total non event. Tough one to call!

Im with Gav, I see Man Utd going their and winning even with their poor side and manager. Arsenal will play into there hands and Utd will hit them on the counter and score. Arsenal have been consistent this year against the rest of the league but they still don't seem capable of winning against the top sides (by that I mean last seasons top 3 - City, Chelsea, Utd).

Can't see it myself. I reckon Arsenal will struggle to create much and break down their defence. Away win written all over it.

Gav your taking the piss! Have you seen Man Utd recently?!

Nah seriously Arsenal were obviously woeful at the weekend but I think that will help because as Zappa says they will be out to make amends

Both Arsenal and Man U looked shellshocked after the games this weekend. Lots of players under performed and both managers will be looking for a reaction. I'd trust Wenger to get one more that Moyes at the moment.

Its a game that Man Utd aren't expected to win so I think that will play into their hands. They will have Mata, Rooney and Van Persie playing plus possibly Januzai so there is certainly goals in Man Utd. Arsenal will no doubt have all the possession early on but if they don't make goal scoring chance from it then I can see Utd winning.

Huge game for the likes of Ozil, Wilshire and Giroud who have been quiet of late. They all need a performance. Wilshire needs to start calming down. He has talent but not for the first time this season on Saturday he was throwing the toys out of the pram when he lost the ball.

Ozil has been a major disappointment in recent weeks. Came in and was really good early doors but has gone right off the boil. Totally agree Gribz about Wilshere too. Giroud not as much becuase he has had too carry most of the attacking and scoring on his shoulders

• 1 month later...

Rodney Marsh is owe me a new keyboard.

On Talksport just now:

"David Moyes wasn't the man for Man Utd in the first place. Moyes going to Man Utd was like a traffic warden going in to arrest the Kray twins" :D