John Spencer and Charlie Adam were hardly a success at us.

Loaning players is beneficial if it's a decent enough standard. We should be loaning players to SPL or div 1 teams. Or the English lower leagues (preferably). I reckon game time for very poor lower league Scottish teams could actually hinder development.

And Super Cooper, Soccer Saturday said professional foul so I imagine he was last man.

He looked pretty crap with us but it probably had more to do with poor coaching and management.

That said, scoring a decent amount in the second tier of Scottish football shouldn't necessarily mean you are good enough to play for us. Mind you, Daly won't be good enough for us when we are back in the SPL so we may as well have saved the money, played someone like Hemmings and hope he developed.

Goodness. Well that's not good. Under what circumstances Steve?

I just saw it on SSN ticker news said "serious foul play". Is that an automatic two or three game ban? If the latter he won't play again before he is back!

Edit ...according to BBC (so probably wrong): McAllister's penalty secured the points after Rodgers had been hacked down by Luca Gasparotto, who was sent off.