some people are over-reacting on the back of one abject performance.

I wish people would let go of that notion. I think if you were to go through the archives of this forum you would get a surprise as to how long we have been saying it and how frequently we have had to. On the back of one performance? Oh how I wish to God it was!

Do you really want to go through them one by one? They honestly have not been pretty successful mate.

Also, it's not one abject performance, it's consistently bad performances, almost 3 years long in fact.

My fault for not being clearer about the signings, I was referring to this season. Moshni, Daly, Law, Bell and Clark have all been good signings in my book. I'll reserve judgement on Peralta for now. Smith is decent back-up for Wallace. Simmonson & Foster were both unnecessary, but decent players. Of all of these, only Foster has disappointed so far IMO, and he's capable of better.

We can argue whether we needed to sign SPL standard players this year, versus persisting with youth, but the ones he did sign have done pretty well so far IMO.

As for the level of performance from the team this season, it has improved considerably versus last year. By this time last year, we'd seen half a dozen performances as bad as yesterday's.

I'm not someone who'd back McCoist regardless, but I don't agree he's as hopeless as you make out.

I wish people would let go of that notion. I think if you were to go through the archives of this forum you would get a surprise as to how long we have been saying it and how frequently we have had to. On the back of one performance? Oh how I wish to God it was!

Again, I should have been clearer that I was referring to this year. We've had some poor performances, but very few which reminded me of last year in the way that yesterday did.

My fault for not being clearer about the signings, I was referring to this season. Moshni, Daly, Law, Bell and Clark have all been good signings in my book. I'll reserve judgement on Peralta for now. Smith is decent back-up for Wallace. Simmonson & Foster were both unnecessary, but decent players. Of all of these, only Foster has disappointed so far IMO, and he's capable of better.

We can argue whether we needed to sign SPL standard players this year, versus persisting with youth, but the ones he did sign have done pretty well so far IMO.

As for the level of performance from the team this season, it has improved considerably versus last year. By this time last year, we'd seen half a dozen performances as bad as yesterday's.

I'm not someone who'd back McCoist regardless, but I don't agree he's as hopeless as you make out.

Mohsni has looked shaky several times. He thinks he is better than he really is. We have yet to see him under pressure. When that time comes i can see him imploding. We know he is a volatile and emotional chap.

Daly hasn't really kicked a ball. Sure he gives his all but for such a big guy, he cannot jump to win headers, i only seen him win 2 headers yesterday out of hundreds of long balls. He is so easy to mark out of games.

Law hasn't kicked a ball since Albion Rovers at Almondvale. He is looking every bit the average in his shell player the Motherwell fans warned us he would turn into. Any football he brought to Rangers has now been well and truly knocked out of him.

What has Bell done to be called a success? He fills me with no confidence and for the money we are allegedly paying him, i feel we could have saved his wage for when we will need it and gave young Gallacher his chance.

Clark again, is on the verge of being a boo boy. Fans are not convinced about him at all. He does nothing. 4 goals in one game is his Rangers career so far. The lad doesn't look upto it. Of course the way we play and set up doesn't help him.

Peralta is shocking. Smith not needed. Foster a joke. Simmo not needed.

There is certainly potential in some of those players but there is no way on Gods earth Ally and his backroom team can get that out of the players.

I am not convinced the standard of football has increased that much tbh. We are still absolutely awful to watch and completely devoid of ideas on the pitch. As i said yesterday, i don't want to go back, i don't want to watch that and i am not the only one. Thousands of empty seats the past few months tell me others are not happy either.

I think we all know(but perhaps wont admit) that Ally isn't the longterm Rangers manager but going back to summer 2012 after we had to go newco who would have taken the job after losing so many players thro TUPE and having a 12month signing embargo?

If he stays the course til the end of this season or next then he'll have more than played his part in returning us to the top and will be remembered as such.

However regards the current squad I do believe a better manager could get a lot more out them and have better tactical awareness to make necessary changes during games.

Edited by RANGERRAB

I think we all know(but perhaps wont admit) that Ally isn't the longterm Rangers manager but going back to summer 2012 after we had to go newco who would have taken the job after losing so many players thro TUPE and having a 12month signing embargo?

If he stays the course til the end of this season or next then he'll have more than played his part in returning us to the top and will be remembered as such.

However regards the current squad I do believe a better manager could get a lot more out them and have better tactical awareness to make necessary changes during games.

Have to agree with 99% of that, the only bit i disagree with is who would have took the job. Even under such circumstances, the Rangers job is a very lucrative and attractive one. Just about every manager in Scotland outside TLB would have took it i bet. Multiplying their salary 10 or even 100 fold, working at Auchenhowie every day, managing in front of 50000 fans every second week, being allowed a huge entourage of backroom staff, having no expectations, it's a dream job. Even under such constraints, it's still the most attractive job in Scotland when you consider having a complete blank canvas to work with and the chance to be a club legend within a short period of time and a budget to win 4 trophies a year. There would have been a queue a mile long of people wanting the job.

I am not convinced anyone else could have done a worse job if truth be told.

Have to agree with 99% of that, the only bit i disagree with is who would have took the job. Even under such circumstances, the Rangers job is a very lucrative and attractive one. Just about every manager in Scotland outside TLB would have took it i bet. Multiplying their salary 10 or even 100 fold, working at Auchenhowie every day, managing in front of 50000 fans every second week, being allowed a huge entourage of backroom staff, having no expectations, it's a dream job. Even under such constraints, it's still the most attractive job in Scotland when you consider having a complete blank canvas to work with and the chance to be a club legend within a short period of time and a budget to win 4 trophies a year. There would have been a queue a mile long of people wanting the job.

I am not convinced anyone else could have done a worse job if truth be told.

Reluctantly i have to agree with most of what you say but I'm still not sure we would have got the calibre of applicant we'd have needed in SFL3 with a registration embargo

We will all have our views on the capabilities of our players as well as Ally's tactical approach. However, the thing that gave me concern yesterday was that the Stranraer players looked fitter than ours during the last half hour of the game. Whether that was a better fitness level or it just looked that way due to the Stranraer team displaying a greater determination and work rate, who knows. Most of us will recall players who played for the jersey . Not sure that too many of the present squad have shown that quality, which perhaps tells us something about Ally's motivational skills as well as the other two blokes, who stand alongside him at the dugout and who Ally praised generously at the agm.