that's the boards problem they need to find the cash.

We all know you and i are not really board friendly gunslinger but you and i both know expecting them to spend tens of millions of pounds the club can't generate is unfair. They are not here to be some sort of sugar daddy, indeed would it not be against these new fair play rules? We must live within our means, being able to spend at most what we bring in, nothing more. If our turnover is £20m then that is what our board have to play with for that year for overheads, running costs and playing budgets, no more loans, no more overdrafts, no more living outwith our means. If we want to compete with Celtic then we must find a business model to compare with theirs and give us an equal spending power.

They can generate over £20m a year from playing in Europe, we need that.

They can generate over £2m from one home match against us, we have to find a way to equal that revenue potential.

They can sell pre-season friendlies at £1m a pop, we must do the same.

They play hardball in the transfer market demanding over inflated fees for their players, we must do similar.

I understand we need so much to catch them quickly but we need a healthy club with a clever board and good manager to be able to catch them before they are out of sight. Throwing money at it is not the answer in my opinion. Would you trust the current manager to spend say £10m wisely? I know i wouldn't.

They bragged about beating us or drawing with us at Ibrox a few years back with an entire team which cost less than the combined fees for Kyle Lafferty and Maurice Edu to assemble made up of bosmans and gems, it certainly wasn't far off. Quality is out there without spending tens of millions. Guys like Prso, Hemdani and Boumsong prove that.

then they need to generate it or raise it. dave king is offering it as were the requisitioners. they need to get us back to the top or get out of the way and let someone in who can.

or they will have to be removed

I believe they need removed in any case mate, they are toxic and each and every one guilty by association. I doubt i will ever trust them.

rankin is a rangers fan and actually a decent player.

gunning gets sent off a lot but is a prospect.

neither is anything like the quality we require to win the spl. we need top international players.

You may have a point ... in about 15 months time. And it is not only money that we will need, but also top international players willing to come for us without busting any reasonable wage structure.

Sidenote ... Southampton is looking at Aaron Hunt of Werder Bremen, perennial midfield strugglers in the Bundesliga. He is on Euro 50k a week and one of the Templeton or Lövenkrands ilk. Sometimes good, sometimes smashing, but every so often rather disappointing or ... injured. We could look at some seasoned foreign professionals, but top internationals will not come to Rangers FC for some time.

Alas, by the time we are back the Yahoos will be made up of a bunch of semi-quality would-bes and wanna-bes, rather than the van Hoojdonks or Larssons or dare I say it Hartsons.

then they need to generate it or raise it. dave king is offering it as were the requisitioners. they need to get us back to the top or get out of the way and let someone in who can.

or they will have to be removed

Before I believe King, I'd like to actually see him in the Rangers directors box and money in our bank. He's been a ghost at best. The requisitioners have done nothing to convince anyone that they have better monetary sources than the current board. McColl might be cited, but he quickly shot down any notion that he's willing to invest any further (for the time being). So one could label either side's proclamation as smokescreens ahead of the AGM ... with only the board having to prove it now.

I wonder if you find someone to "remove" them. Someone "able" and "willing".

more pressing than players for a football team?

Yes. They need to evidence financial health and stability before investors will finance the kind of team you envisage. There will be modest recruitment only until that objective is met.

You may have a point ... in about 15 months time. And it is not only money that we will need, but also top international players willing to come for us without busting any reasonable wage structure.

Sidenote ... Southampton is looking at Aaron Hunt of Werder Bremen, perennial midfield strugglers in the Bundesliga. He is on Euro 50k a week and one of the Templeton or Lövenkrands ilk. Sometimes good, sometimes smashing, but every so often rather disappointing or ... injured. We could look at some seasoned foreign professionals, but top internationals will not come to Rangers FC for some time.

Alas, by the time we are back the Yahoos will be made up of a bunch of semi-quality would-bes and wanna-bes, rather than the van Hoojdonks or Larssons or dare I say it Hartsons.

Before I believe King, I'd like to actually see him in the Rangers directors box and money in our bank. He's been a ghost at best. The requisitioners have done nothing to convince anyone that they have better monetary sources than the current board. McColl might be cited, but he quickly shot down any notion that he's willing to invest any further (for the time being). So one could label either side's proclamation as smokescreens ahead of the AGM ... with only the board having to prove it now.

I wonder if you find someone to "remove" them. Someone "able" and "willing".

We will have to remove them.