Fergie stripped of captaincy

im not a big fan of follow follow for a few reasons, but it is good for some stories, and this one basically alludes to things like barry isnt the only one who questioned the new regime (prso and boyd), but seems to be the main trouble causer (or thats what im reading out of it)

also talks about a story that i would describe as "sensational" to borrow a radio scotland phrase about rino gattuso being a direct replacement!

apparently this guy known as "kinning park teddy bear" who writes in one of the fanzines is pretty spot on with alot of his stories (and hinted this kinda thing would happen a week ago) and was also right about other stories like the boumsong deal...

if u can read it, its worth it, if not, i dont blame u!

One thing i hope the fans realise tomorrow, is that Gavin Rae has played no part in this shambles, as far as i know, and everyone should get behind him whether we like it or not.

Yes, I hope we get behind everyone tomorrow, especially Rae. He's a Bluenose and just wants to play for the club, so I hope he gets our full support. I just don't know what our support will make of things though and if anyone will be booed. We really need a statement to clear things up from the club before the game, not after.

Yes, I hope we get behind everyone tomorrow, especially Rae. He's a Bluenose and just wants to play for the club

dont think he is a bluenose, but your right about the other stuff! would be extremely unfair if he gets caught in the crossfire of this messy internal war!

People around my age , 15/16, have not expierenced the bad times , only the good. We do not know a rangers who arent successful and so this bleak period we are going through at the moment will be all the more painful IMO.

No team in the world can be consistently at the top , Rangers were an average footballing side once and it looks like we are heading that way atm.

But We Are The People and we will be at the top once again :D

Mon Tha Gers!

People around my age 15/16 have not expierenced the abd times , only the good. We do not know a rangers who arent successful and so this bleak period we are going through at the moment will be all the more painful IMO.

No team in the world can be consistently in at the top , Rangers were an average footballing side once and it looks like we are heading that way atm.

But We Are The People and we will be at the top once again :D

Mon Tha Gers!

Agree fully these things normally go full circle. I only hope it dosn't take ten on a row to turn it. I shudder to even think of that.:(

One thing i hope the fans realise tomorrow, is that Gavin Rae has played no part in this shambles, as far as i know, and everyone should get behind him whether we like it or not.

I hope that the fans who are at the game get behind the team 100%, but if they pay their money and wish to have a dig at anyone off the pitch, then i wont criticise them

However ... i'm not going, and as i have said previously, i hope we get hoofed if it means this whole issue gets brought to a head! :sigh:

gavin rae if Rangers lose will be the fall guy though. Ive seen enough of him this season to know that he is not capable of filling fergusons boots and fear the worst against motherwell. I am pissed of with ferguson for shouting his mouth off in the papers but im just as pissed off with leguen with his media comments over the captancy. Poor man management on his part, a trait that has become the norm in his time at Ibrox. stupid egos fighting for supremacy in the dressing room but unfortunately they have managed to spill in to the streets for all to see. we really could be fdoing without this shit right now.

Been out the mix last couple days because of working non stop last two days and partying hard Hogmany so this is the first i've heard of this story and if it's true then it's a sad day for our club.

Over last few weeks he's been the outstanding player in our team and has been dominating matches. He's particulary looked good in the UEFA cup matches. People will moan about the sideways passing and backward passing but what are you supposed to do if no ones making themselves available?? Make the speculative 30 yarder upfield and give ball back to opposition?? I think we'd get even more from him if the team was better, then he could concentrate on his own game instead of trying to cover every blade of grass to make up for the defeciences of others.

Reading through the thread though, what no one seems to have picked up on is if Barry is seen as the 'cancer' within the dressing room is how far has it spread??? Is it the Scots and Prso against the Le Guen signings??? Will getting rid of Barry cure the ills???

Like many others I was amazed and delighted when we got Le Guen as our manager. His record in France with Lyon was superb and the calibre of club after him in the summer shows what a respected coach he is in European circles. I even thought at the time that his summer signings were great. Getting a Czech international who starred at World Cup ( Sionko )on a bosman and IFK captain and Swedish international ( Svensson ) for less than a million was great business considering the budget we were told he had.

However.

Despite the fact that i'm obviously disappointed how these seasons been going i've been advocating for Le Guen to be given time, he'll turn it around. Sadly now I feel it's time to part with Le Guen as I believe he's not only split the dressing room but also lost it. The players are clearly not playing for him and the teams performance this season has been nothing short of shocking. He came in and made himself out to be this tough disciplinarian but the whole Phil Bardsley incident and now the Barry situation shows to me at least that he lets situations get out of hand and that his man management skills are sadly lacking. The only saving grace for him has been the Uefa cup campaign but that should be no reason to retain his services.

This whole season has been a series of false dawns, false hopes. We've turned so many corners i'm lost. My New Years wish is for Paul Le Guen to depart Ibrox as soon as possible and for us to get in a top class replacement with a good knowledge of the Scottish/British game ( theres always loads out there )

Malky

Been out the mix last couple days because of working non stop last two days and partying hard Hogmany so this is the first i've heard of this story and if it's true then it's a sad day for our club.

Over last few weeks he's been the outstanding player in our team and has been dominating matches. He's particulary looked good in the UEFA cup matches. People will moan about the sideways passing and backward passing but what are you supposed to do if no ones making themselves available?? Make the speculative 30 yarder upfield and give ball back to opposition?? I think we'd get even more from him if the team was better, then he could concentrate on his own game instead of trying to cover every blade of grass to make up for the defeciences of others.

Reading through the thread though, what no one seems to have picked up on is if Barry is seen as the 'cancer' within the dressing room is how far has it spread??? Is it the Scots and Prso against the Le Guen signings??? Will getting rid of Barry cure the ills???

Like many others I was amazed and delighted when we got Le Guen as our manager. His record in France with Lyon was superb and the calibre of club after him in the summer shows what a respected coach he is in European circles. I even thought at the time that his summer signings were great. Getting a Czech international who starred at World Cup ( Sionko )on a bosman and IFK captain and Swedish international ( Svensson ) for less than a million was great business considering the budget we were told he had.

However.

Despite the fact that i'm obviously disappointed how these seasons been going i've been advocating for Le Guen to be given time, he'll turn it around. Sadly now I feel it's time to part with Le Guen as I believe he's not only split the dressing room but also lost it. The players are clearly not playing for him and the teams performance this season has been nothing short of shocking. He came in and made himself out to be this tough disciplinarian but the whole Phil Bardsley incident and now the Barry situation shows to me at least that he lets situations get out of hand and that his man management skills are sadly lacking. The only saving grace for him has been the Uefa cup campaign but that should be no reason to retain his services.

This whole season has been a series of false dawns, false hopes. We've turned so many corners i'm lost. My New Years wish is for Paul Le Guen to depart Ibrox as soon as possible and for us to get in a top class replacement with a good knowledge of the Scottish/British game ( theres always loads out there )

Malky

Good post.

I am not as far as you yet i want to hear the full story first but i do admit doubts are starting to enter my head about le Guen. I will still give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment though.