Fergie stripped of captaincy

So the papers this morning, and let's face it, they could be wrong, say that Fergie was given the new about the captaincy and being dropped, he then refused to train and instead went to clear out his locker and stormed out.

PLG is unhappy about a number of things, but mainly Fergie's insistence on playing far too deep when PLG wants him much more forward. Also seems to be concerned about Fergie's influence on others, both on and off the pitch.

Couple of places say that DM was not made aware of this, but that he's obviously going to back the manager and has also been aware of the situation with BF for some time.

They also state the obvious, that this is a huge gamble on PLG's behalf which could easily backfire in the next couple of games and leave his position as untenable.

Maybe we'll find out after the game today exactly what's happened.

It's got nothing to do with Rae,also i don't think it is anything to do with how BF is playing, we are all in the dark just now so it would be better if we just get behind the team today and then hopefully we will find out what is going on and then decide what, if anything,we can do about it.

just watching on Setanta, LeGuen got abused by the Gers fans as he got off the bus at Fir Park.

gonna be a long day for PLG........

what a situation to be in :(

Nice one lads, I hope that doesn't set the tone for the day, but I think its pretty out of order to be booing our manager when we don't know exactly what's gone on yet.

just watching on Setanta, LeGuen got abused by the Gers fans as he got off the bus at Fir Park.

gonna be a long day for PLG........

what a situation to be in :(

Oh dear!, not a good start then :sigh: , i just hope the fans don't start abusing PLG too much today

I guess we know whose side the fans are on - will be interesting to see just what the full story is behind this.

If PLG's decision is right then I wonder if those same "fans" who are abusing PLG will eat humble pie - doubt it.......

We can be so fickle at times - we don't know the true story yet and already fans are deciding, with little to no information, who is in the right and who is wrong.

Me ? I STILL reserve judgement until we know the true story.

Oh dear!, not a good start then :sigh: , i just hope the fans don't start abusing PLG too much today

I think it's going to be bad for PLG today, all the fans they've spoken to on Setanta are shocked and pretty much disgusted. There was this one guy who went on a rant about Ferguson being a Rangers man and Le Guen meaning nothing to Rangers and all the fans around him were cheering and shit.

sad, sad times.

Nice one lads, I hope that doesn't set the tone for the day, but I think its pretty out of order to be booing our manager when we don't know exactly what's gone on yet.[/QUOTe]

I would think the abuse levelled at PLG today is not just about the 'Fergie Incident'.

Most fans were probably at breaking point anyway in regards to PLG. Let's not kid ourselves, his short tenure as GERS manager has been nothing short of disastrous(euro apart).

Poor signings, poor performances, questionable tactics and team selections.

I think the 'Fergie Incident' is another and final humiliation in regards to pushing alot of the GERS fans over the edge.

I would think the abuse levelled at PLG today is not just about the 'Fergie Incident'.

Most fans were probably at breaking point anyway in regards to PLG. Let's not kid ourselves, his short tenure as GERS manager has been nothing short of disastrous(euro apart).

Poor signings, poor performances, questionable tactics and team selections.

I think the 'Fergie Incident' is another and final humiliation in regards to pushing alot of the GERS fans over the edge.

pretty much sums up my feelings, great post

Yep pretty much sums up my feelings.

I've always said, if you do strange things and are successful you are considered a genius, if you strange things and are unsuccessful, you look a fool.

A successful manager can do what he likes, an unsuccessful one has to be more careful.

It also follows that if you are unsuccessful then there is a great need for you to explain your decisions which is another thing that PLG is becoming infamous for not doing.

No matter how good Le Guen really is, he has a terrible knack of turning the fans against him in just about everything he does or doesn't do.

It could be that he is one of these people that is so used to winning using his own way that he gets such an unshakable belief in his ability which results in that he is blind to his faults when things are going badly and he ploughs on regardless blaming everyone else.

I can't help feeling that the Bazza incident is his metaphorical way of kicking the cat.