lets look at it this way

Guest carter001
Ohhh, don't get me wrong - I don't think he wants to put a single PENNY of his own money into the club - I just don't buy the story that he sold Ferguson because of a final demand.

If that were the case I would have expected the truth to break at some point !

According to Fergie's book he left purely of his own accord and that DM had tried to stop him - Then quckly realised that he had f**ked up bigtime

So if you were Rangers captian you wouldn't try to influence the play from all over the pitch?

When Fergie is covering every inch of grass, turning in circles when he has the ball, where are is other 9 out-filed players? FUCKIN HIDING, thats where.

Cammy F

Yes by mouth and not trying everything myself.

Cammy, when Barry comes and picks the ball up from the defence that means we have 5 players marked by the two strikers. We are then missing a midfield player and have 5 men marked by 8 players. That is imo the reason we have no creativity. It is again, imo, so simple to play against and our league position proves it a bit.

Yes by mouth and not trying everything myself.

Cammy, when Barry comes and picks the ball up from the defence that means we have 5 players marked by the two strikers. We are then missing a midfield player and have 5 men marked by 8 players. That is imo the reason we have no creativity. It is again, imo, so simple to play against and our league position proves it a bit.

Pete, BF is playing in a team of shitbags, a team of players who hide when most needed - that is why he has to turn circles everytime he gets the ball.

I counted 8 times on Saturday where BF burst thro a packed midfiled, looked for an out ball and had to stand on the ball, turn and play the ball back. Not because he wanted to, but becuse no cunt wanted the ball, or created space for Fergie to continue his run.

Cammy F

I have to agree with you there Cammy.

I like Clement as a player but on Saturday he completely disappeared and left Ferguson as the only central midfielder - Clement most certainly wasnt the only offender though

Pete, BF is playing in a team of shitbags, a team of players who hide when most needed - that is why he has to turn circles everytime he gets the ball.

I counted 8 times on Saturday where BF burst thro a packed midfiled, looked for an out ball and had to stand on the ball, turn and play the ball back. Not because he wanted to, but becuse no cunt wanted the ball, or created space for Fergie to continue his run.

Cammy F

I can't argue mate i didn't see the game but i still go back to my last post Barry taking the ball off the defence while we are still on our own 30 yard line is wasting a player in midfield and i don't know any other team that play that way.

I do think Barry is a good player but he has played totally wrong except for the one season where he scored 20 goals. Is that his fault or the managers i don't know but two managers have had problems with the same problem.

the reason he had to do that was down to the fact that there was no one in the defence capable of making a successful pass over 20 yards. the distribution from the defence on saturday was shocking. by the time we got the ball to the half way line the st mirren team was firmly planted on the edge of their box.

Guest Bluetooth
the reason he had to do that was down to the fact that there was no one in the defence capable of making a successful pass over 20 yards. the distribution from the defence on saturday was shocking. by the time we got the ball to the half way line the st mirren team was firmly planted on the edge of their box.

So theres no one capable of making a pass?

So Barry comes back behind or at least in line with the back four, Clement is sitting deep like he should be and we now have 7 players behind or level with the ball as Barry looks to pick out a pass or burst forward.

Thats really hand cos it means there are now only 4 players ahead of him marked by about 7 opponents.

It's not rocket science.

Are you saying that DM would struggle to find 5 mill if he needed to ? Highly doubt it !

Don't forget Cammy that I am certainly not a pro-DM person and agree with you on many things Re DM.

All I was saying was that,at that time, if DM HAD to find 5 mill he could have done so without selling the club's prized asset.

I agree with you Craig, and he's done it before by providing a 10M "revolving credit" arrangement. He doesn't need to spend a penny - just transfer the debt to his companies and charge the going rate of interest.

I'm not saying he didn't sell Barry to pay a debt but I find it hard to believe that he would have his hand forced over such a small amount for him. It's certainly not his style, he likes to be far more in control and uses his wealth to ensure that he is.