Fernando Ricksen video today

Just a mention for the East Fife fans and players who were outstanding in their support for Fernando as he came onto the pitch. The East Fife subs were warming up and they all applauded as did the Fifer fans.

Yeah, the East Fife fans almost all too a man applauded for the same duration as us bears, great to see.

Best of luck Fernando, we are all fighting this battle with you.

I must admit, I didn't buy into the whole fundraising side, the nights at the Louden/Walkabout etc as I would assume he made decent money from Rangers. And I also didn't think he cared about the club when he left. Plus as a player I wasn't a huge fan bar one season when he played well.

Having said that ............... that video almost brought me to tears.

Just purely as a man it's clear to see how emotional Fernando is and what the support means to him. And as a father it really does eat me up what he's having to go through in front of his young daughter. I hope what time he has left fills his heart with joy and his little daughter and wife with good memories.

God bless you Fernando.