Andy Mitchell contract terminated "by mutual consent"

Through the part time lower leagues of one of Europes backwaters, of course we would have been.

Do you really believe we should be spending at least £10k per week on the goalkeeping position at this level?

That would have seen us one-and-a-half injury away from fielding untried youngsters? Not sure what these three or four goalies you add up to get 10k a week get, but you are right in so far as we might not have required Simonsen at all. That said, hindsight (and knowing that there were no injuries to Bell et al) is always neat to throw into the debate.

We didn't need Bell

What I saw of Gallagher he seemed a fair enough goalie and we could have ran with him between the sticks. Also we loaned him out to gain experience of playing in a League we were in anyway what does that tell you

Does McCoist not get reports from his backroom team? i.e. This guy will do a job etc.....

Regardless of footballing ability I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Andy Mitchell when we toured with our U8's to Rangers last summer.

He was carrying an injury from pre-season and was at Murray park re-habbing. Even though he had no obligation to, he not only agreed to take part in a Q&A session with our kids and parents but he also took pictures, stayed with the kids for about an hour and also told the RFC liaison that he would be happy to do it anytime as he loves seeing the smiles on the kids faces as they try to grill him about his football upbringing.

In short, Andy Mitchell is top quality as a person, a very mature head on young shoulders. Not one of these "Billy Big Baws" that thinks he has "arrived". From what i hear a very hard worker who wants nothing other than to play football.

This Bear wishes the lad nothing but the best wherever his career may take him.

The Annan assistant manager also is one of the community coaches with Rangers - and he also thinks very highly of Mitchell. He has plenty of time on his side and I hope he progresses throughout his career !