The Goalie - Confirmed new Ayr UTD goalkeeping coach

I think goal keepers are the only position in the last 25 years that we cant have a compliant about therefore it doesn't matter who is doing the goal keeping coaching it seems they are doing their job.

Woods, Goram, Klos and McGregor first choice. And now Bell is probably the best we could ask for in league 1.

Maxwell, Snelders, Niemi, Wattereus, Charbonnier and Alexander all back up along with emergency keepers like Dibble and Myhre.

I think goal keepers are the only position in the last 25 years that we cant have a compliant about therefore it doesn't matter who is doing the goal keeping coaching it seems they are doing their job.

Woods, Goram, Klos and McGregor first choice. And now Bell is probably the best we could ask for in league 1.

Maxwell, Snelders, Niemi, Wattereus, Charbonnier and Alexander all back up along with emergency keepers like Dibble and Myhre.

The only bad goalkeeper we've had that I can remember was Letizi.

Goram stays in Carluke with his partner unless they've either split up or moved to Carluke. I wouldn't fancy that commute every day.

Maxwell was terrible.

Can recall him playing for us in a defeat v Aberdeen at Pittodrie. Think Shearer and Jess scored for them. That was the first of our matches I ever went to.

He would be the worst of the second keepers, bit of a screw up aswell in the 1994 cup final against Dundee Utd.

Billy Thompson was a cracking keeper in his day but Utd got the best out of him, he was more a coach when he came to us hence not mentioning him.

There's no connection between being a great player and being a good coach. Goram was undoubtedly a great player but to suggest he should be at our club in a coaching capacity makes no sense at all. As has been said up thread the coaching of goalkeepers is one area we've excelled at for a generation now.

The only bad goalkeeper we've had that I can remember was Letizi.

Goram stays in Carluke with his partner unless they've either split up or moved to Carluke. I wouldn't fancy that commute every day.

They have split up and he now lives in Cambuslang or Rutherglen.

Re the pub comments, the goalie has been dry for 2 years now.