Playing a back 4 is great when defending but when we have the ball one player should move into the midfield. For those that remember the great Franz Beckenbauer will know how that role is played to perfection. Wallace gets forward a lot which is great but really Jig is too slow to give Mohsni a free hand to move into the midfield. Mohsni is also sometimes loose with his passing which puts us under pressure when he moves into the midfield. Any youngsters who never seen Beckenbaur playing should look him up on you tube. What a dream player he was.

That's why you set up with a 3-5-2 then have your defensive midfielder or 2 to get back and defend.

That's why you set up with a 3-5-2 then have your defensive midfielder or 2 to get back and defend.

Indeed. If people take a look on how we play once we have the ball, they'd note that only the two CHs are actually defending, while the fullbacks move forward into midfield. As I said, I'd primarily employ this line-up once it becomes clear that opposition does not pose a potent threat. What you need are capable and fast CHs, which IMHO Faure is (Mohsni not so), as well as quick-thinking and fast fullbacks. Both Wallace and Foster are of that ilk, and McKay and Aird can also cover the flanks, as they have shown. IMHO, Black is doing an excellent job in front of our CHs, breaking up play and spreading (more often than not) useful passes. A 3-5-2 as listed above could easily swamp the opposition in their own half, should we have the ball ...

Bell

Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Black

Aird - Law - Macleod - McKay

Little - Daly

towards ...

Bell

Faure - Mohsni

Black

Aird - Law - Macleod - Wallace

McKay

Little - Daly

... and should we lose the ball, we have pace and engine enough to provide cover on all areas still.

Does he though? His recent interviews make him come across as a bit of coward, certainly a liar if i am being honest. Also talking to fans like they are idiots. It's not as if Barrie is an isolated case either, Ally has previous with several different players.

Is it only me that thinks this post absolutely reeks of a lack of class and dignity.

Is it only me that thinks this post absolutely reeks of a lack of class and dignity.

Probably not knowing our support as i do. You know what they say though, the truth hurts, shame some of our fans simply can't handle it. An ability to look in the mirror and be honest is far more important than lying to oneself and calling it classy or dignified.

Edited by Super Cooper

McCoist is supposedly treating him like a leper. Had numerous fall outs. The lad has given serious thoughts to giving the game up altogether because of it.

And from what I have been told inside the club the very same lad has an appalling attitude. From what I have been told... he is a "dick".

There are definitely two sides to every story so I wouldnt put my complete faith in either side.

And from what I have been told inside the club the very same lad has an appalling attitude. From what I have been told... he is a "dick".

There are definitely two sides to every story so I wouldnt put my complete faith in either side.

His attitude is stinking, i know it is. Ally doesn't have a clue how to deal with or treat him though.

His attitude is stinking, i know it is. Ally doesn't have a clue how to deal with or treat him though.

So his attitude is stinking... but it is McCoist's responsibility to change it for him ?

How about the lad just mans up and acts like an adult, instead of accusing McCoist of making it personal ?

Funny, because the folks I have talked to inside the club cant stand McKay.... so is it little wonder he is being treated like a leper (if indeed true) ?? BTW, those very same people couldnt speak highly enough of Lewis MacLeod - attitide, work-rate, lifestyle - basically everything about the boy.

I find it a bit ironic that McCoist is being cast as the villain of the peace when you readily admit the boys attitude is appalling.

It is kind of simple... get rid of him. If he is a problem then he should be moved on, regardless of talent level.

It is a shame though because the boy definitely has ability.

When we finally get a decent manager the penny will drop with all the ally apologists just how much he is lacking as a leader.

Who is being an Ally apologist ?

You may indeed be right, he may be lacking as a leader.

But to make this situation out to be all McCoist's fault is nonsense. McKay can take it personally all he wants but if his attitude is part of the problem and he refuses to realise that then there isnt a great deal a manager can do.

So his attitude is stinking... but it is McCoist's responsibility to change it for him ?

How about the lad just mans up and acts like an adult, instead of accusing McCoist of making it personal ?

Funny, because the folks I have talked to inside the club cant stand McKay.... so is it little wonder he is being treated like a leper (if indeed true) ?? BTW, those very same people couldnt speak highly enough of Lewis MacLeod - attitide, work-rate, lifestyle - basically everything about the boy.

I find it a bit ironic that McCoist is being cast as the villain of the peace when you readily admit the boys attitude is appalling.

It is kind of simple... get rid of him. If he is a problem then he should be moved on, regardless of talent level.

It is a shame though because the boy definitely has ability.

Yes. It's Barries responsibility i think but Ally, as his elder, employer, manager has a duty to manage him properly.

I agree, he needs a boot in the balls but the way Ally has treated him is not how to do it.

MacLeod is a wee diamond craig, a very very nice lad. From a very good family too.

It's not as black and white as being simply ironic. There is more to it than that.

I would rather keep the player who may earn us millions in the future with his full career ahead of him than persist with a man we know is out of his depth and is costing us money.

He certainly does but he needs a father figure type to give him good solid advice not fill his head with delusions of grandeur or treat him as Ally does.