Realistic starting XI?

Looking at some recent performances here is the team I would like to see the manager starting for a few games to see if they can grow together and build some relationships (hopefully allow a couple to build some form:

:cb:

:sf::jig::bm::lw:

:fa::nl::lm::dt:

:ds:

:jd:

I'm sure some would like to see Jig dropped but realistically that won't happen. The same applies for Daly being rested - we lack realistic alternatives.

Templeton's goal the other night was different class and he is capable of that against the very best. I'd like to see him start 3 or 4 games and see if he can build some form.

Aird had probably his worst recent performance last time out but adds much needed creativity and positive play. Sadly one bad performance means Peralta will be back to play crap indefinitely with no threat to his place.

It's a prime opportunity to play McLeod in his favoured CM with strong options out wide.

Shiels was quiet compared to the previous game, is inconsistent and often will play crap all game but pop up with a goal or assist. Clark is injured so it's an opportunity for Shiels to prove his worth. He has a lot of guile and creativity too.

I don't like Faure at RB but most options are crap and realistically he will play.

How would you like to see us lining up for the next few games?

Edited by Super_Ally

My own preferred team would be the following but like you I can't see Jig being dropped any time soon. I also think Daly could do with a rest and would possibly choose Clark over Little when he regains fitness.

:cb:

:rf: :sf: :bm::lw:

:dt: :ib: :nl: :lm:

:al: :jd:

Both XIs look very decent and baffles me as to why we play so bad (well it doesn't, its a combination of management, coaching and opposition). But how they would do in the top flight is tricky to judge.

The Jig/Daly dilemma could be solved by giving Jig a couple of games up front, and playing Faure at CB

Now you're talking!

I'd like to see Ally take that idea even a step further and give Faure the CB role Jig's been playing permanently until the end of the season with Jig & Daly basically sharing one of the striker slots in the team. Jig starts games up front and Daly comes on to replace him at half time or around the 60 min mark (or vice versa).

Now you're talking!

I'd like to see Ally take that idea even a step further and give Faure the CB role Jig's been playing permanently until the end of the season with Jig & Daly basically sharing one of the striker slots in the team. Jig starts games up front and Daly comes on to replace him at half time or around the 60 min mark (or vice versa).

Seems eminently sensible given our current lack of attacking options. So many times I've looked to the bench and the only change we can make is bringing on someone like Shiels or templeton or aird, all better players in midfield.

Seems eminently sensible given our current lack of attacking options. So many times I've looked to the bench and the only change we can make is bringing on someone like Shiels or templeton or aird, all better players in midfield.

That's the problem in a nutshell. The manager's spoken about his lack of options up front, but he's playing a guy who scored well over 20 goals last season as a striker back in central defense, somewhere he's rarely played in almost 20 years as a pro footballer.

It seems blatantly obvious that when Nicky Clark and/or Andy Little are out injured or out for whatever reason, that Jig should be the go-to option as a back-up striker. Saying that, it really should be the other way around with Jig playing up front and only used occasionally as a back-up defender in emergencies.

It's easy to look at our defensive record this season and say that Jig must be doing a great job at CB, but overall stats can be deceiving at times, plus the way we play at corners and set pieces against us, Jig would be back defending anyway, even if he was being deployed as a striker.