What would he or rangers gain from that?

I thought I explained that in the last sentence. Yes, he'd send some of his money down the "SPIV" drain, if people want to see it that way. But on the other hand, it is currently the minimum that will go down that drain and it would make sure that no share-gamblers keep these shares for reasons unlinked to Rangers FC's well-being. As it looks, these current shareholders (of the money-gambling ilk) will not want another share issue, if that would diminish their rights and share-value. So how would you change that without buying them out (at the minimum prize about)?

Quite honestly, I thought that when David Murray rode off into the sunset we had seen the last of smoke and mirrors.

How wrong I was.

I couldn't even start to say that I know what's going on with my Club.

And anything in the media leaves me more clueless.

Wonder how the '120 day business review' is progressing as we approach day40 next tuesday?

So far we've had:-

1) cut first team salaries by 15 percent(rejected)

2) increase ST prices next season(somer's idea?)

3) half McCoist's exorbitant salary

4) get Stockbridge to return his ridiculous £200k bonus

i would suspect 3) and 4) were muted before GW's arrival anyway.So where are we then ?

At the end of this where can cuts seriously take place other than the £10m non playing staff wage bill ?

If that fails then what? Will GW quit then we go and ask DK for finance in the form of some sort of loan? That would have obvious pre conditions I'd suspect such as boardroom appointments/removals. Would involving DK not have been the most logical solution from the outset?

in 120 days we will get a fancy plan.

in 121 we will get season book renewals.

in sept we will get abysmal accounts.

the agm will be stormy with the spivs talking a good game and blaming whoever has left.

rinse and repeat.

To be honest, that seems like an optimistic outlook to me!

IF next season was spun correctly by our media consultant then we would be hyping up:

• See Rangers strive to return to our righful place in the Premier League
  • Every game a cup tie along that road
  • Probably six of the nine teams we will be playing against in the League will have played in the SPL
  • Two home games against Edinburgh rivals Heart of Midlothian and perhaps two against Glasgow rivals Partick Thistle
  • Can McCoist take the team 3, 2, 1 and Up!
  • See our young prospects (Clark, Aird, McKay, McAusland and Gasparotto) develop into first team regulars alongside our brightest rising star McLoed
  • and all for a very modest rise in season ticket prices (hopefully)
  • and perhaps even one or two shiny new faces

With a marketing strategy like that (and I am sure some more that I can't think of right now) I don't see why we shouldn't be looking at record ST sales.