Lee Wallace will be a Rangers player when the window closes.

I very much hope you are correct, I saw him as the captain when we returned to the hell that is our top division. I use the past tense as I now fear he will be gone by the end of the week - they'll tell him the club will go bust if they don't sell him and persuade him to leave that way. We'll get about 600k for him (advertise it as a million) and stagger on with that till about February 23rd

As much as we may need the money, i will be a very disgruntled fan on Saturday afternoon if Wallace's name is not on the team sheet and even more so if he is sold for anything less than £2million.

No-one will pay 2 million to a club desperate for cash and with no-one else to sell, we aren't even asking for that much, anyway

As much as we all know that Lee Wallace is worth a hell of a lot more than £900k, as a 3rd tier club our negotiating power is almost non-existent and our most valuable players are only worth a fraction of what they would be worth if we were the Premiership champions or runners up and playing in Europe.

Taking that into account as well as the Club's much publicised cash shortfall, then in all honesty £900k is actually a very fair starting offer.

We should also consider that when we bought Wallace from Hearts a lot of us felt that the fee we were paying was top dollar and that we were only paying it because he would prove to be worth it. And he has indeed been worth it, but let's not try to change the story now that we know his true value and act as though we got him for a song and he's now worth a lot more than we paid. That just doesn't make sense to me given our circumstances where we have players that would be worth something if we were in the top flight that are currently worth nothing because we're in the 3rd tier.

The club is currently in a position of weakness; of course, currently is a decade long on going dynamic. If Wallace goes, we will receive whatever a knowing club is prepared to offer. There is a precedent from over a decade past, remember those players picked up from Dundee for a fraction of their then true value?

The mood music surrounding Wallace these last 18 months has been interesting. The usual suspects were unequivocal, no player in Scotland's fourth tier should play for the national team. The solution, Wallace must move. Gordon Strachan has selected Lee and played him. The usual suspects admit his performance levels are more than acceptable. If Wallace refuses to go, how will the usual suspects react? I suspect the charge of no ambition are being dusted down.

If Lee is not in the team to face Brechin City this Saturday, I predict the Ramsdens Cup final will be a turgid defeat on penalties, after an uninspiring 1-1 draw.

No-one will pay 2 million to a club desperate for cash and with no-one else to sell, we aren't even asking for that much, anyway

But is that actually the case? Much of all the finance debate is essentially "conjecture", made up of old - and some would say outdated - remarks about us losing 1m a month and Wallace's plans to cut costs and live within our means. It might be conjecture that is closer to the reality than we wish, but as much as Wallace has said that we need to tighten our belt, he also said that we have no reason to believe that we won't see out this season. (And now that I have said it, we'll probably sell him for 990k ... )

(Alas, I doubt that he wants to go (anywhere).)

I'd be gutted losing Wallace but he is without doubt an EPL player if he was to go. Forest FFS.

Our best player is being hounded by Forest, shows how far we still have to come to get back to the top.

I'd be gutted losing Wallace but he is without doubt an EPL player if he was to go. Forest FFS.

Our best player is being hounded by Forest, shows how far we still have to come to get back to the top.

Forest are doing well in the Championship under Billy Davies and have a chance of promotion via the play-offs, so I'm not so sure that it would be a bad move for Lee Wallace. The Championship is overall a higher standard of football than the Spiffel Premiership as well in all fairness.

The mere act of asking the players to take a wage cut was naive. Not only were they bound to reject it, it demonstrated quite clearly that the club was not in a good financial state - and that meant that any bids for our players were bound to be less than generous.

It's impossible to put an accurate figure on the damage caused by this request, but it will certainly have influenced potential buyers of our players to go in low.

Circumstances play a part in the worth of any player, and our circumstances are known to be somewhat less than pristine.

The moment a club asks players to take a wage cut, it effectively puts a SALE sign in the window.