Fund Objectives and Questions for River & Mercantile

Then when King goes, what happens next the same old?

King is no spring chicken.

We already have King come and now gone but he has not shown 1 penny worth that he is even interested. (Yeh Bullshit in the media). He could have got the club at a bargain price but never showed any interest. He may even have been able to buy the club for a penny instead of Whyte but never showed an interest. I know he had problems in that time but I am sure he had options open to do something.

Who knows. Still, King does not strike me as someone who would hand the club over to banks and con-artists like Whyte.

Did Murray not say he will never sell to anyone who will not take the club forward.

We already have King come and now gone but he has not shown 1 penny worth that he is even interested. (Yeh Bullshit in the media). He could have got the club at a bargain price but never showed any interest. He may even have been able to buy the club for a penny instead of Whyte but never showed an interest. I know he had problems in that time but I am sure he had options open to do something.

With all his assets and main accounts frozen pete, he probably didn't have the necessary amount of funds available. Even if he could have somehow purchased the club for peanuts he would have needed maybe an extra 5 million in cash to put straight into the club to keep it running. My guess is that when King's assets and accounts were frozen he was probably living off of a couple of million rainy day fund he had had stashed away, but it probably won't have been enough for him to give to a third party to buy and run Rangers. That's all nothing but speculation though!

With all his assets and main accounts frozen pete, he probably didn't have the necessary amount of funds available. Even if he could have somehow purchased the club for peanuts he would have needed maybe an extra 5 million in cash to put straight into the club to keep it running. My guess is that when King's assets and accounts were frozen he was probably living off of a couple of million rainy day fund he had had stashed away, but it probably won't have been enough for him to give to a third party to buy and run Rangers. That's all nothing but speculation though!

and also, when the club was for sale we also had the "certainty" of a ruling against us in the big tax case - i.e he would have had to buy a pig in a very expensive poke of unknown depth, when his assets were already frozen. Then when he got the all clear and we got the all clear, Charlie and his pals had their feet under the table and any investment by King would have ben nothing more than a contribution to the Charles Green Retirement Fund.