I was perfectly happy with David Murray until he sold to Craig Whyte.

Given that I was happy to cheer us on to mucho successo, I'm not about to start bleating now, after the fact, that a worldwide economic slump left us shafted.

As to other clubs, the lad at Southampton, and the boss of Swansea, are figures we can only dream of. Over your way, Hoeness and/or Beckenbauer seem able to generate success, not forgetting, closer to home, the behemoth of integrity and decency that is Turnbull Hutton.

NB: He mentioned himself in some interview or other that he hadn't dealt with something or other because he was away. It was probably very minor, but I dislike the way the 120 excuse comes up in order to say nothing, but doesn't apply when it's time for the gluhwein.

So does that mean if this current regime lead us to success (forget however unlikely you think that is), you won't be cheering us onto it?

Boardroom and the football side can be separated, contrary to popular myth we were well on the way up before Murray bought us.

That's its whole point though, surely? To put off the bluff until just around season ticket renewal time. then to come up with something that sounds good/plausible without enough time for people to see through it before renewing.

It's hard to argue with that conclusion, Steve. And it leaves us in a hateful position, not knowing what to do and whether we are stabbing the club in the back or helping it forward. I reckon most of us will just get the wallets out as usual, but I don't recall ever dithering about it to this level before.

You do get slightly irked at the level of contempt shown for the paying customer.

Urgent 120 day plan! Must focus on that! Except...he took a Christmas holiday out of the country. People are entitled to holidays, I have no beef with that. It only gets annoying when the great 120 day review is trotted out when it suits, but can be put on hold for a sunshine break when it suits as well. It's either super urgent, in which case Xmas should have been spent ripping through the paperwork with precious few other distractions, or it can wait and we should be getting rather better answers about the short & long term.

Maybe the last few years have just left a fug of complete suspicion and paranoia swirling around anyone at the club with a tie, but I'm not thrilled so far with Mr Wallace.

Perhaps a real hammering from 'them' in the SC will waken some of us up and realise this '120 day business review' is a load of b@llshit. Dave King is right. We need investment in the first team squad now otherwise crowds will fall away like happened in the early 1980's

Perhaps a real hammering from 'them' in the SC will waken some of us up and realise this '120 day business review' is a load of b@llshit. Dave King is right. We need investment in the first team squad now otherwise crowds will fall away like happened in the early 1980's

Well, we had what, 38k ST holders last season? We have what 36k ST holders this season? Which does not exactly give away the number of people actually buying tickets for each game at the turnstiles - even though someone can easily find this out. Even if we lose another 2 or 3k in St next season, we are potentially just one season away from the top tier, when crowds will most likely stream back into Ibrox. As the board and the manager aims to reach European and national heights quickly, I do assume that we will invest in the first team squad one way or another. Likewise will we most likely shed some dead wood this and next summer as well, as contracts run out. I for one refrain from using last and this seasons financial situation and dealings as a basis for future projections. We hardly know about the intentions of the current investors or the capability of the current directors or the CEO / chairman to bring fresh investment to the club. While people a free to conjecture doom and gloom and 10IAR for the Yahoos (even though they have not even managed 3IAR just yet), they should also remind themselves that in this business, change can happen very swiftly ... and not just in a negative way.

NB: Last week, my* "local" club Hertha Berlin was neck deep in the red and looking desperately for investment. They have been doing rather well in the BL so far, at least for their standards. This week, an investment bank signed a deal for roughly 10% of Hertha's shares and pumped Euro 60m into the club. Many happy faces about now.

*"my" only in terms of that they play in Berlin. There is not even "local patriotism" involved in this Bear.