Statements from Mark Dingwall on FF. I do not know the people involved but do we really require another group to buy shares/club ?

The report is disingenuous.

SDS didn’t receive approaches - they got one - from the Community Interest Company group formed as a committee by the Rangers Supporters Trust in May 2012.

Sadly, some members of that committee have acted in a highly deceitful manner and concealed their intentions and activity from the Board that set up the CIC Group and not reported back properly or adhered to the basic rules of democratic control vested in them by the members.

It was only last Monday that one of them decided to come clean and admit they were intending to create yet another group which they would be in control of.

As I’ve previously stated - their behaviour is shameful and deceitful and no-one can have any trust in a group conceived and controlled by those who have acted in the manner described above.

Re: Rangers fans take first steps towards launching bid to buy club

PS - people should also note the attempt by some of these people to have Paul Goodwin appointed as the spokesman of the RST. He's a Partick Thistle fan.

There were limitations to Buy Rangers. It couldn't accept more than £20k, for example. It can borrow higher than that, but it can't accept more money than that.

The CIC model doesn't have those restrictions. It's basically like a combinations between all the good bits of a charity and a normal ltd company.

So, in our case, a CIC would have to be run "for the benfit of the Rangers community", which means that everything it does should be about the benefits of Rangers.

CICs can borrow, take in donations, can get similar tax status on certain issues to charities etc.

There's lots of different routs you could go down too, it can be as small or as large as you make it. If you have 10,000 paying members, you can start to have subsidiary CICs which invest in activities and facilities to bring benefits to the members of the community and generate further revenue which would eventually go straight to the Club.

As an example, it might be decided that the CIC, after buying enough of a holding, buys Edmiston House and turns it into a members club or some other sort of facility, a gym, a restaurant anything.

As for why we should pursue fan ownership in the first place?

Accountability is the main thing. Having a credible and qualified board which was able to focus fully on what is best for Rangers and not on what is best for the share price is the main benefit.

It doesn't make us more likely to win the league or beat Celtic, it just brings a level of security which, if we'd had at any point in the last few years, would have avoided much of our problems.

You can start to get answers and hold people to account with as little as 5% too, so it's a building exercise. It might take a year, it might take 10 years - but it's a worthwhile exercise.

Take Hearts; after they payoff the CVA, at current rates they'll have a £150k/month surpius to pump straight into the Club. That would fund one of the top youth systems in the country.

Thanks for the reply TWWC!

I have to say I'm completely astounded that Paul Goodwin and Supporters Direct Scotland guided and assisted the RST in setting up BuyRangers if it's a scheme with flaws or limitations.

I just don't understand why SD would do that then turn around shortly afterwards and propose a better model. Have Supporters Direct or Paul Goodwin been incompetent? Have they deliberately advised the Trust to set up a scheme which was doomed to fail due to it's inherent limitations?

Baffling stuff! Absolutely baffling!

PS - people should also note the attempt by some of these people to have Paul Goodwin appointed as the spokesman of the RST. He's a Partick Thistle fan.

That's impossible.

As an employee of SD he couldn't possibly become the spokesperson for one Trust.

He might be a Thistle fan but he was a director of Stirling Albion following the fans buyout of that club.

Thanks for the reply TWWC!

I have to say I'm completely astounded that Paul Goodwin and Supporters Direct Scotland guided and assisted the RST in setting up BuyRangers if it's a scheme with flaws or limitations.

I just don't understand why SD would do that then turn around shortly afterwards and propose a better model. Have Supporters Direct or Paul Goodwin been incompetent? Have they deliberately advised the Trust to set up a scheme which was doomed to fail due to it's inherent limitations?

Baffling stuff! Absolutely baffling!

Buy Rangers is a good scheme, and has a place going forward.

What's being perpetrated elsewhere is that SD are somehow abandoning the Trust and Buy Rangers and setting up something opposition - far from it.

Rangers fans should look at it as more strings to their bow. Fan ownership is the goal, and the successful vehicle elsewhere is being presented to a group of fans to see what their thoughts are on it.

That's impossible.

As an employee of SD he couldn't possibly become the spokesperson for one Trust.

He might be a Thistle fan but he was a director of Stirling Albion following the fans buyout of that club.

It was part of a proposal to update the Trust's PR/Comms policy. It was suggested that the Trust become a single-issue entity and that the Trust don't have a spokesman - they simply allow Paul Goodwin/SD to promote the issues. The benefits, it was suggested, was that he couldn't be drawn on things like whether the Easdales are good or bad and whether Jack Irvine is good or bad - his only message would be fan ownership. He would also be free to sit in the BBC studio and promote fan ownership of Rangers and go on Clyde, whereas a Rangers fan would lose credibility if he did it.

It was outvoted, democratically, but it seems to have got Mark's goat. Not sure why.

well they will certainly need a usp.

not an ideal start so far. i don't see the need for a coup or another group. but if they can deliver us from the spivs i will certainly be grateful.

Agreed, if they can do so I will in fact be eternally grateful

It was part of a proposal to update the Trust's PR/Comms policy. It was suggested that the Trust become a single-issue entity and that the Trust don't have a spokesman - they simply allow Paul Goodwin/SD to promote the issues. The benefits, it was suggested, was that he couldn't be drawn on things like whether the Easdales are good or bad and whether Jack Irvine is good or bad - his only message would be fan ownership. He would also be free to sit in the BBC studio and promote fan ownership of Rangers and go on Clyde, whereas a Rangers fan would lose credibility if he did it.

It was outvoted, democratically, but it seems to have got Mark's goat. Not sure why.

It certainly seems MD still has a lot to say, seeing he has resigned.