That seems clear and singular enough to me.

The Trust should not comment on issues outwith that narrow remit. That it does so, and I am happy to take your word for it; does not make it correct.

"The Rangers Supporters Trust is a supporter's group with 3 aims: wider share ownership supporter representation & defending the reputation of the Gers family."

Which was the entire purpose of the proposal.

I'm not going to say it's wrong to comment on the issues it does, I just don't think it helps when trying to unite fans behind fan ownership.

How can you call the board spivs on Twitter and go in to meet them the following day to debate issues with them? (as an extreme example)

Buy Rangers is a good scheme, and has a place going forward.

What's being perpetrated elsewhere is that SD are somehow abandoning the Trust and Buy Rangers and setting up something opposition - far from it.

Rangers fans should look at it as more strings to their bow. Fan ownership is the goal, and the successful vehicle elsewhere is being presented to a group of fans to see what their thoughts are on it.

I'm still trying to fathom out what on earth is going on with Supporters Direct guiding and backing the Trust on setting up the BuyRangers scheme only just over a year ago in November 2012 then coming along 14 months later with a better idea, so I have a few questions:

Why didn't Supporters Direct advise the Trust to set up a CIC instead of the BuyRangers model in the first place?

What's to stop Supporters Direct coming along in 18 months time with a better ownership model than the CIC?

Would Supporters Direct coming along with a better model in a year or two also be looked upon as "Rangers fans should look at it as more strings to their bow"?

Is there a limit to how many strings you can put on a bow or is a case of just keep adding them when someone designs a better string?

I'm still trying to fathom out what on earth is going on with Supporters Direct guiding and backing the Trust on setting up the BuyRangers scheme only just over a year ago in November 2012 then coming along 14 months later with a better idea, so I have a few questions:

Why didn't Supporters Direct advise the Trust to set up a CIC instead of the BuyRangers model in the first place?

What's to stop Supporters Direct coming along in 18 months time with a better ownership model than the CIC?

Would Supporters Direct coming along with a better model in a year or two also be looked upon as "Rangers fans should look at it as more strings to their bow"?

Is there a limit to how many strings you can put on a bow or is a case of just keep adding them when someone designs a better string?

You're asking questions I'm unable to answer. Supporters Direct are hosting a meeting, and presenting the model which has been successful at several other clubs across Scotland.

If you're asking whether I believe fans should keep working at it until we get it right, then yes - definitely.

You're asking questions I'm unable to answer. Supporters Direct are hosting a meeting, and presenting the model which has been successful at several other clubs across Scotland.

If you're asking whether I believe fans should keep working at it until we get it right, then yes - definitely.

That's fine Iain and thanks for trying to answer questions.

I'm open minded about this subject, but slightly concerned about SD and whether or not they've now found their feet with a definitive fan ownership model.

Rangers fans are exploring the possibility of launching a bid to buy a stake in the club

RangersfansFebruary2014_3078670.jpg?20140205162421

A number of Rangers fans will meet later this month to discuss the possibility of launching a bid to buy a stake in the Scottish League One club.

Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS) has been drafted in to offer advice on setting up the project, similar to the one which is close to rescuing Hearts from administration.

... apparently ignoring that a) there is already a scheme running and b) the RST et al have promoted similar stuff for months, if not years.

It says absolutely nothing about the interesting question, i.e. whether these supposed 25% of shares would give any sort of stability to the club and any tangible influence on how it is being run? It is rather different to have nigh 80% of a club's shares like in Hearts' case, or just 25% ... if you find willing sellers.

Rangers fans are exploring the possibility of launching a bid to buy a stake in the club

RangersfansFebruary2014_3078670.jpg?20140205162421

... apparently ignoring that a) there is already a scheme running and b) the RST et al have promoted similar stuff for months, if not years.

It says absolutely nothing about the interesting question, i.e. whether these supposed 25% of shares would give any sort of stability to the club and any tangible influence on how it is being run? It is rather different to have nigh 80% of a club's shares like in Hearts' case, or just 25% ... if you find willing sellers.

A controlling stake doesn't have to be 50%+1. The reality is that the group the Easdales represent have a controlling influence with just over 25%, that's due to the small stake that the majority of our shareholders have. It's different now to when it was originally framed under SDM.

As I said a few pages back, as little as 5% held by an organised block can hold the board to account and start to exert influence. You can requisition an EGM, circulate a statement (both written, and in our case, probably on the website), you can propose a director, propose any sort of resolution really. 5% would probably have been enough for fans to bang heads together prior to the AGM too.

That's fine Iain and thanks for trying to answer questions.

I'm open minded about this subject, but slightly concerned about SD and whether or not they've now found their feet with a definitive fan ownership model.

The best person to judge that will be yourself! I believe there is a plan to hold further meetings if there is a positive reception to this one, hopefully encompassing a wider audience and greater participation.

Front page of the Herald this morning.

And this in the Evening Times:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/doubts-over-fans-bid-to-buy-rangers-151110n.23368031

Doubts over fans' bid to buy Rangers

RANGERS supporters today expressed serious doubts an ambitious fan ownership scheme being spearheaded by a splinter group will succeed.

Fresh hopes have been raised about Gers fans taking control of the Ibrox club in the past week after Hearts supporters successfully rescued the Tynecastle club from administration.

Supporters Direct Scotland is set to hold a meeting with groups interested in fan ownership at the Louden Tavern in Glasgow on Friday, February 14.

But many involved in the three main supporters' organisations - the Assembly, the Association and the Trust - are disappointed at the scheme.

It is being fronted by former board members of the Trust which had been looking into the possibility of setting up a Interest Company (CIC).

They resigned from the Trust en masse and now appear to be looking to set up a CIC themselves.

The CIC would allow greater sums of money to be raised by fans than is currently the case - and therefore a greater number of shares to be purchased.

SDS chief Paul Goodwin has previously estimated that 25,000 Rangers fans paying £20 a month would be enough to gain control of the Ibrox club.

It is believed that fans could be asked to part with £18.72 a month - Rangers was founded back in 1872 - in order to achieve this goal.

However, doubts have been expressed about whether there would be any shares to buy in Rangers - even if larger sums of money could be raised.

There are also fears it could have a negative impact on an existing scheme being operated by the Trust, Buy Rangers.

One supporter, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "Hearts are available to buy at this moment in time.

"Rangers, on the other hand, aren't available to buy. Unless, that is, the group driving this know more than the rest of us know.

"Maybe some institutional investors will indeed look to cut their losses in the future. But even then there is no guarantee that fans would be able to buy shares."

The potential formation of a new fans' group has also not gone down well among many representatives of the Assembly, the Association and the Trust.

The supporter said: "The last thing we need is an additional group on the scene. I don't think it is what fans want to see.

"My concern would be that it would create division and undo a lot of hard work.

"In the past year we have presented a united front. We have all come together under one umbrella.

"The last thing that we need now is another organisation."