He's on a par with the Robbie Savage's of this world. Except probably has more incidents counting against him.

The fact he gets favourable/preferential treatment from our media and football authorities probably counts against him too. Despite being one of the most offensive characters in Scottish football he gets a ridiculously easy ride and rarely gets condemned for his actions. On and off the field. He gets off pretty lightly for threatening a woman he knocked up for example.

I imagine this gets up non-Celtic fan's nose when everyone else gets sanctioned at the drop of a hat.

In the end, isn't being celtc manager reason enough?

:D

He certainly takes advantage of the "sectarianism" angle. Means he can be the biggest cunt in Scottish football since I've been following the game yet put everything down to anti-Irish bigotry and sweep all his awful behaviours under the carpet. He's a complete and utter-scumbag and just because some people may bigoted towards him doesn't change the fact he's a disgusting human being and as big a bigot as any who attack him.

Nicely put, SA.

I do agree that his media martyrdom is very annoying.

We're supposed to be impressed that, in the last two years, and under zero pressure, he's managed to avoid running on the pitch to scream at officials should results not go his way (see Youtube for the excellent 'Lenny Hill' spoof on this topic), instigate strike action by more or less blatantly calling refs biased against celtc, put his oar in where it wasn't wanted on about 100 subjects, and generally been an oaf.

We're also supposed to get to know him in order to see that he's a great guy, really intelligent, likes a pint and so on. Unless Neil is about to tour Scotland one house at a time this is not practically possible; this line is as meaningless as it is inaccurate, for nothing I've ever heard him drone on about in his awful, monotonous Ulster accent has been above the usual dimwit football manager fare. It's usually something about not being respected enough...I imagine anything short of abject, craven worship comes under that heading.

Most ironically of all, he's managed to not go mental and physically try to get at someone (McCoist) who was verbally taking him to task, the very behaviour he is now objecting to when levelled at him.

Life often isn't fair, and sometimes people - usually vulnerable people who can't hit back, women, say, or the handicapped - are targeted when they have done no wrong to anyone. This, however, is not one of those cases. This is a person who has repeatedly shown that he's - if at all - only one step above the people he now berates; I'm afraid the hypocrisy just makes me even less sympathetic to him than I was before.

Edited by andy steel

The Goon Brigade have backed him to the hilt with tribute banners and songs. On 15 May 2011 the GB did a huge Lennon tribute during their game at CP and after the game during a lap of honour Lennon made one of these symbolic gun gestures towards the GB with his arms like what the GB members do themselves. It's a symbol of an armalite.

Seriously? Lennon mimicked holding a machine gun whilst walking round a full Parkhead, I've never heard that before. I'm really surprised that wasn't reported widely.

Seriously? Lennon mimicked holding a machine gun whilst walking round a full Parkhead, I've never heard that before. I'm really surprised that wasn't reported widely.

Yes, seriously mate. It was caught on video and camera, but ignored by the mainstream media and only picked up on in the online communities. He did it once while walking towards the GB section as a gesture directly towards them as thanks for their support.