Celtic trumpeted "bringing back the Thunder" into the game, unfortunately for them and everyone else they also brought back into football the bomb, bullet and Aramilte too. It is no coincidence that the rise of the Green Brigade and militant Republicanism in the Celtic support has reared it's ugly head again under Liewell's stewardship.

Lennon as manager and players like Stokes were no accident of circumstances, they are classic Celtic minded (Republican) individuals, who are appointed to appeal to the terrorist sympathizer in the ranks, the majority of the support, not the tiny minority Peter Goebbels spouts when they have habitually goosestepped over mark.

It has been documented the Celtic board said they were going to challenge the SFA and get in the faces of referees, history proves they did so with the Referees strike and Liewell being promoted to Gaming Board then the SFA itself.

They created the havoc and let loose the dogs of war, now they complain when idiots react to their provocation.

Celtic trumpeted "bringing back the Thunder" into the game, unfortunately for them and everyone else they also brought back into football the bomb, bullet and Aramilte too. It is no coincidence that the rise of the Green Brigade and militant Republicanism in the Celtic support has reared it's ugly head again under Liewell's stewardship.

Lennon as manager and players like Stokes were no accident of circumstances, they are classic Celtic minded (Republican) individuals, who are appointed to appeal to the terrorist sympathizer in the ranks, the majority of the support, not the tiny minority Peter Goebbels spouts when they have habitually goosestepped over mark.

It has been documented the Celtic board said they were going to challenge the SFA and get in the faces of referees, history proves they did so with the Referees strike and Liewell being promoted to Gaming Board then the SFA itself.

They created the havoc and let loose the dogs of war, now they complain when idiots react to their provocation.

Spot on mate.

I would never condone threats or attacks on anyone, but I do think he should be asking himself if he looks like a thug and also acts like a thug, then surely that makes him a thug.

Maybe if he could admit that he's a thug, he could then ask himself why he's a thug. Is it in his genes? Was it his upbringing? Did society turn him into a thug?

At the end of the day the man is most certainly a thug and he's a bad influence on others, both his supporters and those who dislike him.

In what way is he a thug? You mean on the pitch or in 'real life'?

Every other Celtic manager in living memory has been able to do just that Amms, Lennon's arrival on the scene awoke the hither to quiet minority in the Celtic support who held their bigoted and distasteful views but were largely drowned out by the majority of fans who were more interested in Celtic than in their deadly rivals. Something changed and on a societal level.....I tend to think that it was always there, boiling just under the surface but it sure exploded in a big way. Suddenly it was alright to openly hate Rangers, to call them "dirty orange bastards", to spit and froth on scarves and blue shirts, their new manager acted that way after all.

The loonballs who sent Lennon bombs and bullets are quite rightly behind bars and that's the place for anybody who behaves in such a way however they were the very extreme tip of a largely blunt sword. The question is why does he provoke such a strong reaction? It's not so much who or what he is, it's who and what he represents to most people that provokes the response.

Maybe his good friend Thomas "Slab" Murphy might have a more philosophical view, something about flying with crows.....

That's interesting, you feel Lennon is partly responsible for encouraging their lunatic fringe, maybe you're right. So what is it you feel he represents?

Is that guy really a good friend of Lennon?

Are you suggesting Lennon was signed for non-footballing reasons and then made manager for the same reasons? I'm not sure I can buy into that mate. He was perhaps a cheaper option when made manager but he's done a lot better than I ever thought he would do. He was a very effective player and a vital cog in an excellent side.

Even if you are right does any of that justify verbal and physical attacks on a football manager though?

I've heard celtc fans moaning about us signing Steve Davis purely because he's from Norn. It didn't convince me then and I don't think many could believe any team would spend money on a player for non-footballing reasons.

Mind you, we did sign Salim Kerkar to be big Bougy's pal, iirc.

Very thought provoking stuff from AMMS. My instinct is to denounce your actual attacks, but to still struggle to muster much sympathy for Lennon. Maybe that's contradictory (or contains elements thereof) so I'm going to spend a pleasant evening in the Uni library contemplating this question, grasshopper.

Are you suggesting Lennon was signed for non-footballing reasons and then made manager for the same reasons? I'm not sure I can buy into that mate. He was perhaps a cheaper option when made manager but he's done a lot better than I ever thought he would do. He was a very effective player and a vital cog in an excellent side.

Even if you are right does any of that justify verbal and physical attacks on a football manager though?

Managers are hired for their football philosophy, in Lennon's case he was hired on the cheap and for his 'Celtic minded' philosophy as well, a trouble maker who the Republican element can rally to.

Most managers carry themselves with dignity and respect and stay out of trouble, he on the other hand seams to be immersed in the drink culture when out on the town and pays for it for that profile. Stay off the drink and out of trouble would be my advice to him.

That's interesting, you feel Lennon is partly responsible for encouraging their lunatic fringe, maybe you're right. So what is it you feel he represents?

Is that guy really a good friend of Lennon?

He represents your average knuckledragging Celtic supporting thug, the ones who live their lives supporting a "cause" that he neither understands nor chooses. 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation bigots.

Mr Lennon keeps some very unsavoury company, some of whom have ripped him off to the tune of £600k in dodgy land deals and shady business ventures along the way. It's well known that Neil counts a few high ranking IRA men in his extended circle of friends.

In what way is he a thug? You mean on the pitch or in 'real life'?

I think it's fair to say that his various actions over the years are reflective of his general character and personality.

Spitting on a Rangers jersey and shouting sectarian abuse (DOBs) at the Rangers dugout at Ibrox.

Declaring that he was ‘going to war’ with the SFA and referees then proceeding to act in a threatening manner while spitting verbal abuse and vitriol towards referees up and down the country.

His loutish actions while 'managing' have seen him sent to the stands by the ref too many times to list and there's been several occasions where referees who've let him off with his abusive and threatening actions have been asked to file reports on him by Police match commanders, such was the severity of it.

He surely has the worst disciplinary record of any Scottish manager in decades and if you had to look back through the incidents I think you'd find that it's maybe been deliberately glossed over in the MSM and he's actually been let off lightly in a disciplinary sense.

Despite the lack of effort from our press and media to show him for what he is, his antics are still well recorded and there's dozens upon dozens of pictures online of him spitting venom at referees and match officials.

Then there's his actions towards Rangers players; verbal, sectarian and racist abuse have all been accused of him.