Boyd could feed off Daly, Nicky Clark at 22 is still one for the future ... or the wings.

That said, I will only get excited if someone sit in Ally's / Wallace's office, pen in hand and ink drying on the contract below. How many pages of hypothetical stuff have been filled when at the end of the day, neither club nor player have actually been interested in one another in the first place?

Boyd and Daly up front :seal:.

I thought that would be the reply.

This season Boyd has 15 goals in 24 games; Daly has 20 in 28, which is actually better; albeit Boyd is playing at a higher level, anyway not much to chose.

But wouldn't you agree that Daly works harder and contributes more; he has 9 assists; Boyd only has 3.

Daly is playing 2 divisions below, for the best team in the league. It is completely incomparable.

Boyd is limited but still scored the most goals in SPL history. Daly is doing a job at this level and probably the next division but I want him nowhere near the club when in the SPFL. Boyd I wouldn't mind having.

Possibly the least mobile striking partnership imaginable.

People do remember that both actually have played and are playing for Rangers? And if you were not good enough, you wouldn't set a foot into Ibrox. (Yes, I know that a plethora of names could be whipped up to prove me wrong, but Boyd and Daly do not belong into that category.) These two chaps are utterly dangerous and we have enough pacy midfielders, wingers and full-backs to feed them. Are they the answer to another European challenge in two or three years' time? Most likely not. But that is not our bread and butter anyway.

How old is Boyd now anyway?

This season for Killie is the first time I have seen him look in decent shape for a professional footballer. He seems to finally have grasped that you need a certain fitness level. He looks to have turned the extra pounds into muscle and looks right a right handful. Ive seen a few of his goals and he has taken them well. But we have to remember he is playing in a poor Killie team in a poor league.

From the biggest Boyd critic on the planet I think he'd slightly improve the team at the moment so long as he played upfront with Shiels and Templeton who could do all the work for him. He'd give a bigger presence at the moment. But Id say its too late in the day to re-sign him.

People do remember that both actually have played and are playing for Rangers? And if you were not good enough, you wouldn't set a foot into Ibrox. (Yes, I know that a plethora of names could be whipped up to prove me wrong, but Boyd and Daly do not belong into that category.) These two chaps are utterly dangerous and we have enough pacy midfielders, wingers and full-backs to feed them. Are they the answer to another European challenge in two or three years' time? Most likely not. But that is not our bread and butter anyway.

Don't get me wrong DB, I like both of them (Boyd as a finisher, Daly as someone who holds up and lays off the ball superbly), but as a combination, I couldn't see it working at all because of that mobility issue.

Coventry City line-up summer swoop for Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd

13 Feb 2014 08:01

SKY Blues boss Steven Pressley wants to hand the former Rangers and Middlesbrough frontman, who has hit 15 goals this season, a return to English football.

COVENTRY boss Steven Pressley is set to head the queue to offer Kris Boyd one final crack at English football.

Boyd revealed yesterday in an exclusive interview with Record Sport he has set his heart on a big summer move after 18 months resurrecting his career back at first club Kilmarnock.

The 30-year-old has successfully blasted his way back on to the fringes of Gordon Strachan’s Scotland squad after rediscovering his hunger for the game at Rugby Park.

But now Pressley wants to offer Boyd a passage back over the border and is weighing up a summer contract offer.

Record Sport understands Pressley plans to scout Boyd regularly between now and the end of the season – while attempting to lead Coventry out of an insolvency crisis and back towards the second tier of the English game.

The striker left Rangers for Strachan’s Middlesbrough three-and-a-half years ago but failed to hold down a regular starting place when Tony Mowbray took over.

Boyd then enjoyed a happier loan at Nottingham Forest before quitting Britain for ill-fated stints in Turkey and the USA.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/coventry-city-line-up-summer-swoop-3140308